Rebel Foods - Supply Chain Management Role (4-6 yrs)
Supply Chain Management - Mavericks
REBEL FOODS IS HIRING MAVERICKS
Why Mavericks ? Because we are trying to build something which has not been built ever and journey over last few years suggests that faint hearted ones will not survive the roller coaster ride. Before I go on to explain what all of this is about, read this only if you have appetite for venturing into unknown much as protagonists of famous movie Interstellar did.
What is Rebel Foods:
Before we move on to discussing why do we need Mavericks in Supply Chain, it is important to understand what exactly is Rebel Foods. A journey which started from opening single brand high street retail restaurants primarily focused on delivery, we have evolved into largest internet only restaurants company globally. To put this in sheer numbers we have opened more than 1000 internet restaurants in last 24 months. First 100 in our journey took more than 60 months. More importantly we have evolved into one of it's kind -cloud kitchens & multi-brand kitchen(same non-visible location churning out multiple brands catering to different food missions and categories) restaurant chain. Read more about it here :
Trust this gives you a deeper insight into what we are trying to do and how we have evolved over last couple of years. Before we move forward, let me share the secret sauce of this recipe ( not the business model but how does this company tick everyday). This brings us to the most important part of our existence- Our values. Values @ Rebel Foods are not mere charts hung around the office but the playbook by which we all execute on daily basis. Go through the below presentation for a better comprehension of the same:
Being a SCM Maverick:
- So what does being a SCM Maverick means? As you would have realized by now that two points of inflection in our journey have been - moving to cloudi-kitchen model and multi-brand strategy.
- Having an unified supply chain which acts as an umbrella across all the brands has played a pivotal role in growth of our network as well as creating multiple brands through same pipeline. As we embark on the next phase of our journey which will entail creating more brands as well as getting new brands on our kitchen platform the role of SCM will keep on evolving. Right from fitting multiple product portfolios to handling new SKU's across multi-temperature supply chain will pose an unparalleled challenge in history of Indian restaurant industry.
- So a SCM maverick's job will not be limited to solving standard Supply chain problems but also develop a world class Supply chain which shall be replicable not only across India but also other geographies. As we venture internationally for first time this becomes even more important. Just a snippet of what we are doing in that sense can be found here:
- As a SCM maverick you shall be required to ensure all our kitchens are stocked properly with JIT supplies to ensure minimum stock level with highest efficiencies and best quality ingredients sourced across the network. This role will test all your so called SCM concepts and make you wish if you should have listened to Operations professor more closely :P.
- This role shall entail a lot of coordinated effort with internal functions like Marketing ( originators of these brands), ProductI( Product as in Food - Chefs who create the amazing food we sell ) & Finance( after all we work with budgets and we meet them always) to ensure it all comes together in an amazing experience for end customer in every single order.
- Similarly there will be a lot of external coordination with our logistics partners, warehouse partners, ingredient manufacturers etc. As we move forward to get new brands on our platform which might not necessarily incubate within REBEL Foods, Maverick will have to find a Plug and Play model for these brands to ensure we scale them across our network. After all, who will not like to have our beloved Tunday Kebab across India or Murugan Idli home delivered in Delhi. Who stops us from hosting Chipotle or a Tim Mortons on our kitchen network next year if a Maverick is able to get this brand on our kitchen platform and sort their Supply Chain in India.
Makings of a SCM Maverick
So what would make a SCM Maverick - Strong data analytics? Ability to work with a multifunctional team? Adaptive to change? I am not going to mention these because they are hygiene factors for this role. What would truly define you is high degree of ownership and an insatiable hunger to keep trying till we succeed. As I mentioned about secret sauce in beginning of this hiring pitch, I truly believe in this case none exists if not what I mentioned above.
In case you want to know more about me, please find me on :
Hopefully we will get to see not only a standard CV formatted by a Placement committee but also few lines on why this role excites you and how do you see yourself as a Maverick !