Rebel Foods - Senior Product Manager - Platform & Data (7-9 yrs)
Senior Product Manager - Platform & Data
A Rebel Product Manager :
- If your brain is flooding with questions around the relevance of a role like Product Manager in a restaurant company, take a look at the companies that are the consumer internet greats of our times.
- Although these industries existed for hundreds of years, a few managed to disrupt it with the power of their product. Imagine how interesting a role like Product Manager can be at Amazon - a retail company, Airbnb - a hospitality company, or Netflix - a media services company. Today these are one of the most valuable consumer-oriented firms.
- They are trying to disrupt their respective ecosystems everyday through the power of their product, by creating unique and delightful experiences for every customer. As a hardware example, observe how Tesla has shaken up the automobile industry, forcing giants like Toyota and Volkswagen to rethink their entire product roadmap.
- Technological innovations like electric drivetrains, batteries and connectivity were key factors in the success of their cars, along with radical designs and a superior user experience. The only large industry where technology has yet to make a similar impact is the Food industry, where the largest players are still predominantly offline - McDonalds being a prime example.
- We at Rebel Foods are working to change the operating paradigm of this 500-year-old industry. With 12 brands (Faasos, Behrouz Biryani, Oven Story Pizza and more), 2200+ internet restaurants, 350+cloud kitchens, spread across 30+ cities, 4 countries and growing, we are the worlds largest and fastest growing Internet Restaurant / Cloud Kitchen company.
- Our mission is to transform the way food is prepared and delivered, achieving a consistently great customer experience. - offline or internet. Below are a few blogs about our company mission and growth story.
Product History @ Rebel :
- In order to understand more about the challenges that you might face at Rebel, its important that we go back to the inception and get acquainted with our journey till date. From the times when we were an offline business having high street stores having one brand, to our evolution as a company that uses smart kitchens -we have traversed the phone, web and app channels over time.
- From being a single brand restaurant, we moved to being a parent company with a dozen restaurant brands under the umbrella, while simultaneously moving our operations from a single kitchen to more than 350+ locations across 45 cities. All of this was achieved through products built to power innovation and through the continuous delivery of unique and delightful experiences to our customers.
- To give you an additional perspective, the team has built more than 40+ products in the last 5 years.
- It spans across numerous brand apps and websites, driver apps, CRM tools, kitchen operation systems, dashboards and reporting systems, loyalty programs, invite & earn programs, integration with multiple 3rd party systems, analytical systems, Recommendation Engines, IOT platforms, Learning Platforms, Inventory platforms, Marketplace Systems and others.
- This enabled us to tackle the massive complexity of a multi-brand operation while keeping all parts of the business dexterous and optimized. All of us have a passion for using technology to solve complex problems for our customers.
- We have a flat organization, with a culture of teamwork, open communication, and questioning the status quo. To get a flavour of some of the work done by the team, and a better understanding of why
Please read the post below :
Future of Product @ Rebel :
- We are now onto the task of building our next generation of products to disrupt the food space. This will start with revamping our consumer facing products and streamlining internal systems and processes through breakthrough innovations to deliver unique Memorable, delightful and safe experiences to customers every time.
- The team is currently building the Brain ( AI, Machine Learning, analytics to drive every business decision of the company), the Body (robotics/IOT led automation at our/customers Kitchens, driving tremendous operational efficiency) and the Mind ( a omni-present one stop food App, building an AI/ ML driven virtual personal butler for customers across app, web and voice, like Netflix of food and others, and bringing intelligence in customers kitchen).
- This means the product team has to work with each and every function of the company to build solutions that would be a first in the world. We are essentially building a set of tightly integrated never before seen products across the entire stack, and we need to ensure each of these channels grow and achieve the maximum possible revenue.
The Role :
- To get closer to our ambitious vision, we want to build the products in a more focused and dedicated manner than what is being achieved currently.
- You should be customer obsessed, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused, passionate about solving problems through technology, and must have shown some entrepreneurial leadership in the past.
- You will not only be responsible for building products but also be responsible for these products to deliver results. Have worked on the platform side of things, architecture visualisation, deployment, scale of millions at least on the platform built and it should be a mix of integration with 3rd party aggregators or enablers + inhouse platforms.
- We are looking for someone who has worked on both consumer and business data products at scale. Experience with data engineering and data science. Also, should be heavy on both business understanding and consumer experience, someone can build other platform product elements along with data.
- Should have at least 7-8 years of exp in a ops/platform heavy organisation. Experience of solving problems by atomisation of different parts of the business by building tech products.
- You will work closely with the Business, Engineering and Data teams and will report to the CPO of the company who is also a founding member at Rebel.
The Rebel Culture :
- Finally, but most importantly, Rebel is not your usual workplace.
The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will be the best fit for our company. We suggest you go through it before making up your mind. Its not everyone's cup of tea.
- If you find this intriguing, we should meet. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your background and a few lines about why you are interested in this space we are trying to create.
PM Tools - Basecamp, Jira and Slack