Rebel Foods - Head - People & Culture - India Operations (7-13 yrs)
About Rebel Foods
World's leading consumer companies are all technology / new age companies - Amazon (retail), Airbnb (hospitality), Uber (mobility), Netflix/Spotify (entertainment). The only sector, where traditional companies are still the largest ones is restaurants. McDonalds market cap is 130 BN USD. With Food Delivery growing exponentially worldwide, there is an opportunity to build the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast. We have the formula to be that company. Today, we can safely say we are the world's largest delivery only / internet restaurant company, and by a wide margin. At 4000 + individual internet restaurants, in 500+ cloud kitchens across 12+ countries and expanding, we have indeed come a long way. Its still Day 1, but we know we are onto something very, very big. We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to change a 500-year-old industry. For more detail on how we are changing the restaurant industry from the core, using the power of the internet, please refer below.
It's important reading if you want to know our company better and really explore working with us:
https://medium.com/@jaydeep_barman/how-to-build- 1000-restaurants-in-24-months-the-rebel-method- cb5b0cea4dc8
About the Role
Rebel is a unique amalgamation of multiple facets of a business combining to ensure we deliver customer first missions across multiple localities in India and 11 other countries across the globe. This means that we have a distributed network spread across more than 370 unique locations in India across 70 odd cities. This distributed network presents a unique opportunity as well as challenge for any People & Culture (P&C) professional to directly impact all the employees in the network. (mind you there are over 7k). We are looking for P&C professionals who won't be bogged down by this challenge, rather look to embrace this opportunity and work with a team of over 30 P&C professionals to create the best place to work for our employees.
Our kitchen and delivery teams are the heart and soul of our business and solving their problems and ensuring we provide them a safe and exciting work environment across the board is one of the most important deliverables. You shall get an opportunity to work closely with India business CEO/ COO to ensure we create a thriving work-environment and create a seamless interface between Corporate and Field teams. I can assure you that this will be a roller coaster of a ride which will enthrall you, surprise you and leave you wanting for more. It's not a job for the faint hearted rather for folks who welcome challenges and are ready to get their hands dirty. At Rebel, we work customers backwards and expect all the enabling teams to do the same. Needless to say, the role will have tremendous opportunities to work with the Central P&C team as well as International Operations in the near future. If this excites you do write in to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can reach out to me on https://www.linkedin.com/in/ankur-sharma-42482a14/ .
Please find below certain basic details to make you understand the role better -
We call the role as - Head of People and Culture - India Operations. From a grade point of view this would be at a Associate Vice President/ Vice President Level
And this role Reports into the Chief People and Culture Officer
Culture at Rebel Foods
Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will fit into the company. Please go through it before you make up your mind. It's not everyone's cup of tea. But it's dessert for a few. Pls go through the following slide share to understand more on Rebel Culture
(paste the above URL on your browser to play the slides)
About The Role
- Devising and executing the North Star for the People Experience charter for our Operations Team, for 7000+ employees working in our Kitchens across India which is the heart of our business.
- Design and continuously improve HR processes under the HR operating model in order to consistently deliver a superior and personalised employee experience
- Responsible for the metrics and delivery of HR operations across the employee lifecycle. This includes the entire employee life cycle management from hire to retire for our full time employees.
- Lead the service contract lifecycle management including hiring for our blue collared contractual employees.
- Lead the HR Compliance function across, closely liaise with authorities and work with Audit teams for review and actions.
- Manage the HR Ethics & Grievance mechanism
- Lead the process integration of entities being acquired as part of its growth strategy.
- Leading a 40+ strong team of motivated people and responsible for their engagement, development and performance management.
- You can discover a special place - to learn and build your skills, to be challenged while working on important issues, and to work alongside exceptional people, both colleagues and stakeholders.'
Following is what we are looking for: -
- People Empathy and Helpfulness are at the core of this function so if you are not someone who is obsessed with making the lives and contributions of your employees better every day each day, then this is not for you.
- You should have at least 10-12 years of deep domain experience in HR Operations in a middle to mature level organization.
If you find the above interesting, we should meet. Or should we say e-meet.
Please reach out to us with answers to the following questions.
1. Why do you want to join Rebel Foods?
2. What makes you the right person for this role?