Senior Executive - Talent Acquisition at Rebel Foods Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1077 Applications:116 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Rebel Foods - Head/General Manager - Consumer Insights (4-6 yrs)
Job Description :
MY ACIDIC JOURNEY :
- To start with, I would take you through my journey with Faasos, which began about 7 yrs back after reading this very well drafted bait note by Jaydeep (http://brownianmusings.blogspot.com/2011/11/entrepreneurs-wanted.html), along with an intense, burning fire that never left my belly- and should I rather say well accentuated by few great MNCs who missed to utilize it well, I was certain, this is where I should be. And it has only grown more to an inferno within (yes, too much of it is not good, I have started suffering from acidity off-late).
- So if you go through those 7 paras in the note above, you would know why I am here and what I/ you should expect from each other. I had never thought that a job posting can be so true (in spite of being glamorous), it all happened with me in just the exact chronological order as envisioned by Jaydeep. Yes, I did every bit of it, from running a store, an area, P&L responsibility for a city, opening new markets, heading regional operations, handling brands and finally now heading Marketing, barring the last line of para7 of the prophecy (someone needs to be careful).
- Just to reiterate, the reason I shared this with you is to prove the fact that our JDs need to be taken damn seriously, they are no mincing of words or building of hype/excitement to attract/distract you, this is how your life would be if you make the cut for this role.
The CHRONICLES of REBEL FOODS :
- Before detailing the role, it's paramount for you to understand as to what have we built over last so many years - a journey from a mere 100 restaurant food business to 1100+ restaurant business in sheer 24 months ( being the 2nd largest restaurant chain in the country, the 1st one took over 30 years to do so), more importantly a journey of disrupting food business across the globe and being the World's Largest Restaurant on Internet company by pioneering cloud kitchens & multi-brand kitchen model (same non-visible location churning out multiple brands catering to different food missions and categories).
Read more about it here :
- While after reading this, the WHAT would be pretty clear, I would also want you to go through the HOW part, which is not just about the Multi-brand business model, but the - Way of working- a.k.a - Values- at REBEL foods. These so-called values are not mere A3 printouts hung up on wall (just realized that we don- t have even a single printout in our office) but actually the sugar-phosphate backbone of the DNA of each one of us making this happen (finally I made you open the google tab, at least for few of you). https://www.slideshare.net/JaydeepBarman/culture-rebel
- So ladies and gentlemen, now that you have hopefully gone through the Chronicles of REBEL Foods, lets come to what would you be expected to deliver as Head of Consumer Insights of this tale in making.
About US :
- Rebel Foods ( Parent Company of Faasos), our eight year old startup, commonly known for its larger brands - Faasos, Behrouz Biryani, Oven story and Mandarian Oak is disrupting the food delivery business by building and running the largest chain of internet restaurants, globally.
- In the last three years, we have opened 1500 + internet restaurants in India across 10 brands in 29 cities - thus creating a completely disruptive model of building restaurants on the cloud. At 90 MN USD+ revenue and 110% YoY growth, we are the world's largest and fastest growing Internet Restaurant / Cloud Kitchen company, by a very wide margin.
- The secret behind this growth is our model of one kitchen = multiple brands. In two years, we have built India's leading national Biryani brand - Behrouz, on top of Faasos, our first brand. Subsequently, we have launched national brands across Pizza, World Cuisine, Desserts, Beverages and Chinese - and these brands are now scaling super-fast.
- This gives us the ability to play across all customer food missions/occasions through the same infrastructure base. Because of our asset lite model and no incremental investments for subsequent brands, our economic engine is producing tremendous results from payback to capital efficiency to kitchen profitability. Also, we have taken out the biggest risk from opening restaurants - location dependence.
- 100% on delivery, we have no location risk. While 65% of restaurants shut down in year 1, globally, we have never had to shut down any of our locations. This way, we have completely changed the way restaurant businesses are built and are spearheading the revolution globally for building RESTAURANTS ON INTERNET.
Department : Marketing
Open Positions : 1
- The person would be responsible for identifying research requirements and execution of marketing research studies by conducting online and offline research projects. The person would have the complete responsibility for design and execution of these projects and would work in tandem with brand managers to drive this.
- The exposure would be immense as the person would be handling requirements of over 10 brands across multiple geographies including international locations.
- Experience in Primary Qualitative Market Research with practical knowledge of research methodologies like Focus group discussions, panel enrolment, direct interviews and ethnographic research would be preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Very Good Influencing & Persuading Skills
- Expert knowledge of research techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge and experience in Digital marketing
- MA in Psychology/Sociology/Philosophy/Social Anthropology or MBA in Marketing
- 4-6 years experience in consumer research
Location : Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Education/Qualification : MA in Psychology/Sociology/Philosophy/Social Anthropology or MBA in Marketing
Years Of Exp : 4 to 6 Years
Designation : General Manager