HR at Rebel Foods
Views:1694 Applications:450 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Rebel Foods - Associate Brand Manager (2-5 yrs)
Associate Brand Manager
Rebel Foods is hiring Brand Managers.
We think Brand Managers are no less than Brand CEOs, to be honest!. Now that it sounds big and exciting, be very sure about it as great things don't come that easy. Rather, it can get quite acidic just before the sweet fruit is harvested! For now, you have to read all of this :).
Rebel Food's journey to becoming the World's largest Internet Restaurant Company. World's leading consumer companies are all internet / technology / new age companies - Amazon(retail), Airbnb / Oyo (Hospitality), Priceline (travel), Netflix / Spotify (Entertainment). The only sector, where traditional companies are still the largest ones is restaurants - McDonald's (with a market cap of 130 BN USD). With Food Delivery growing exponentially worldwide, there is an opportunity to build the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast. We have the formula to be that company. Today, we can safely say we are the world's largest delivery only / internet restaurant
company, and by a wide margin with 4000+ individual internet restaurants, in 40+ cities and 10 countries. It's still Day 1, but we know we are onto something very, very big.
We have an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to change the 500-year-old industry that hasn't been disrupted at its core by technology. For more details on how we are changing the restaurant industry from the core, please refer below. It's important reading if you want to know our company better and really explore working with us:
While this has been possible due to a robust business model (Multi-brand cloud kitchen model, opening platform to 3P brands and food entrepreneurs), the "Way of working" a.k.a "Values" at Rebel Foods have played a major role as well. These so-called values are not mere A3 printouts hung up on the wall but actually the sugar-phosphate backbone of the DNA of each one of us making this happen).
The role, responsibilities and requirements :
- By now it should be evident that the tipping point in our journey has been the shift to cloud kitchen model, launching of new brands and strengthening of existing brands. "POWER OF BRANDS" is our holy grail of success and that's how significant they are to our existence. And the success or failure of these brands lie on ONE and only ONE person - Brand Managers, which is why we call them Brand CEOs because the role is much bigger, larger and vital than being just a conventional manager with restricted responsibilities and restricted areas of influence. Brand CEOs are the ones who define the DESTINY of our brands and hence our business.
- At the core, Brand Manager's role at Rebel Foods is to identify consumer needs/pain points across food missions, design products/brands to cater to those needs and work with cross-functional teams to launch the products/brands and deliver on key customer/business metrics. Unlike any other brand job opening, stating that one must be a creative thinker with strong analytical ability, data-driven thinking, deep know-how of branding strategies, knowledge of digital world blah blah is something we would refrain from, after all its given, else you wouldn't be able to make sense out of whatever we have belabored till now.
- One key skill that we would expect our Brand CEOs to possess and master is the art of storytelling. We think and have also experienced and now firmly believe that the only way to breathe life into a brand is by good Storytelling. This is the elixir that will make our brands outlive us. After all, consumers experience a product, cherish an offering but would always remember a story!
Key Expectations :
- Customer obsession : immersing oneself in their needs, converting their views into insights and insights into business plan/ actionables
- Self-starter and hustling attitude : Ability to move the entire organization constructively in order to make things happen