Recruiter at Royal Bank of Scotland
Views:532 Applications:85 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
RBS - Assistant Vice President/Senior Associate - Risk Analytics & Models (4-12 yrs)
This role is responsible for managing the team to ensure timely & accurate delivery of standard reports, new reports and ad-hoc reports as per the requirements of R&CM team
What the Business Does :
Working under the leadership of both the VP in Chennai and UK-based managers, developing and maintaining models/methodologies for use in IFRS 9 provisioning, scorecard, stress testing and/or Basel capital frameworks
This role is in Risk Analytics & Models and will report to VP
Your Responsibilities :
- Sourcing, analysing and preparing data in support of modelling projects
- Well documented models that meet RBS standards and requirements
- Delivery of all milestones to agreed dates, budget and quality standards
- Clear and well-presented analysis
- Effective engagement with relevant stakeholders, including Model Risk in the context of independent validation
- Supervision and quality assurance of the work undertaken and produced by analysts
- Coaching and development of analysts
- Tracking of progress; escalation as required to ensure delivery according to plan requirements. Identify timelines and accuracy risks, highlight and mitigate these risks
- Close engagement with leaders in India and UK to ensure alignment of team priorities/activities with broader plans and requirements
- Engaging with Risk Solutions in relation to implementation of finalised models/methodologies
- Identify areas of process improvement and actively manage department-wide process improvement initiatives
- Record the process improvement and get sign - off from the client
- Provide effective leadership and management for the extended team as per RBS Leadership standards
- Mentor, coach and develop direct reports.
- Ensure performance of the extended team is managed effectively.
- Ensure attrition rates remain in line or below the target for the unit.
The Skills you will need :
- Mathematical/statistical or economics post graduate degree or certification; MBA ( finance) or MSc Statistics
- 4+ years of experience in Risk Management/Risk Modelling, of which at least 2 to 3 years in Basel or Stress Test Modelling
- Qualified CFA/FRM preferred
- At least 2-3 years of experience in People Management
- Strong knowledge in Financial products and credit risk domain
- Regulatory guidelines including CRR, Basel II, III
- Extensive Experience in SAS Tools
- Work Experience in PYTHON, R, TABLEAU is preferable.
RBS doesn't just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional developments are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services, and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK's number-one bank for customer trust, service, and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.