Senior Talent Acquisition Associate at Directi
Views:316 Applications:82 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Radix - Brand Manager (4-8 yrs)
Brand Manager - Radix
Radix is the world's largest new domains registry with 10 new extensions that include .ONLINE, .STORE, .TECH, .WEBSITE, .SPACE, .PRESS, .SITE, .HOST, .FUN and .UNO; as well as 1 re-purposed country code top-level domain, .PW. Through these extensions, Radix is empowering business owners to get short, memorable and descriptive domain names that can be used for a website, email address, or a variety of other internet addressing purposes.
Radix's story and purpose :
- Radix was launched in 2012 as a subsidiary of Directi, a $1.4 bn company founded by Bhavin Turakhia and Divyank Turakhia in 1998.
- Back in 2012, it had already become difficult to find short and memorable domain names amongst the available extensions. When ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) invited the initial applications for new domain extensions, it was a historic moment for the Internet on the whole. It opened a big opportunity to make internet-addresses shorter, meaningful and distinguishable. Radix committed over $30 million on the application of 31 strings comprising several generic and mass-market names. Of those, Radix acquired 7 and since then has attained three more extensions; .TECH (2014), .FUN (2017) and .UNO (2019). Radix is the world's largest new domain registry with 5M domains under management.
- These new domain extensions give an opportunity to users to register a domain name that is descriptive, keyword-rich, brandable and meaningful. Radix is thus making the Internet more organized and business-friendly.
- Radix has partnered with 200+ registrars such as GoDaddy and BigRock to sell its domains to end-users all over the world.
Total strength: 65+
Total investment: US$ 45 Million
Operationally profitable: Yes
Annual growth rate: 35%+
- We are looking for a dynamic and passionate leader to grow and steer the global business operations, strategy and business development initiatives for a top-level domain (TLD) brand. As Brand Manager, your goal will be to make sure that the TLD becomes the domain name of choice for the target audience worldwide. You will be managing growth while keeping a keen eye on visibility, consumer adoption and profitability.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- P&L Management: You will be responsible for owning and driving the P&L for the TLD
Strategy and Marketing : You will head the vision, strategy and implementation of marketing and business development activities for the TLD. Activities will include online and offline sales and marketing initiatives such as direct marketing, events & conferences, strategic partnerships, online marketing, social media, PR, viral marketing etc.
Growth Management : You will build and execute a growth-driven strategy to achieve market dominance in the extremely competitive market for new gTLDs
Channel Management : You will actively partner with the channel sales team to develop strong partnerships with registrars (distributors) worldwide.
People Management : You will identify, recruit and manage an effective and passionate team of high-calibre individuals in order to effectively achieve business objectives
Agency Management : You will be crucial to identify and operate with niche, high growth agencies that will help your brand succeed and meet the defined growth metrics that you have identified and defined.
- You will be hands-on and involved in both the breadth and depth for all of the above functions and tasks
Who should apply for this role? :
- Is a seasoned strategy/marketing/sales professional with 4-8 years of the overall experience, of which at least 4 years have been spent in leading branding, business development and/or marketing initiatives in the Internet industry
- Is an astute strategist - possesses the natural ability to sense opportunity and focus on key differentiators
- Possesses strong entrepreneurial spirit, strong business acumen and leadership potential
- Possesses strong project and people management skills
- Is target-driven, extremely motivated and does not stop until results are achieved
- Has immaculate written and oral communication skills
- Has a strong inclination towards the technology and startup industry, and is comfortable understanding their state of play, psychology etc
Benefits and Perks :
- We at Radix love our jobs. And it's no surprise - we get to work on exciting, new projects with some of the best brains in the industry, and that too in a vibrant atmosphere that is designed to be comfortable and conducive for our personal and professional growth.
- And Radix goes the extra mile to make you feel at home. We offer benefits ranging from affordable catered meals and even snacks on the house. Our workspaces are welcoming and fun, complete with bean bag chairs and ping pong tables. You are free to wear what makes you comfortable and choose the hours you keep, as a team. Oh, and we- ve got your family covered too, with great health insurance plans and other benefits.
If you like the idea of working on solutions that have a truly global impact, get in touch!