Consultant at hCapital Business Consulting Private Limited
Views:1495 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Quantitative Researcher - Strategy Team - BFS (2-4 yrs)
About the Role
- The Quantitative Researcher would be a part of a strategy team. He / She will collaborate closely with industry experts to develop analytics for various aspects of a quantitative research process like data processing, signal generation, algorithm development and back-testing, risk analysis, performance analysis and environment analysis.
- We are seeking candidates who have excelled in quantitative fields of mathematics, statistics, pure sciences, engineering, etc. Finance domain knowledge is not required. This role is ideal for candidates who have a strong programming base and are interested in quantitative research.
Responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
- Develop and conduct quantitative finance research with a focus on statistical and predictive models.
- Read research papers and journals to understand research ideas.
- Manage different aspects of the research process including methodology selection, data collection and analysis, prototyping and back testing
- Build systems for construction and analysis of portfolios.
- Build analytics for risk, performance and environment analysis of portfolios.
- B.Tech., Dual Degree M.Tech., or M.Sc. (Integrated) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics or similar quantitative disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilising large data sets.
- At least 2 years of experience in programming, quantitative analysis or as a data scientist.
- Strong programming skills in one of the following: Python, C++, C# or Java.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good coordination skills and ability to work in a team.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Familiarity with Mathematical Finance would be considered advantageous.