Associate Recruitment Consultant at Aurion
Views:1743 Applications:388 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:124
Quant Role - Investment Bank (1-10 yrs)
What does the team do?
- The team works on mathematical modelling of statistics and developing tools to support the various functions of the Risk-Committee, Risk-Analysis and other groups in the firm.
- The tools built by the team (for Risk computation, monitoring and reporting) are for across all asset classes (firm wide trades and positions) and not confined to a particular area/unit.
What will you do on a day to day basis?
As a member of the Risk team, you will get opportunities to do the following:
- Solve challenging technical problems, from persistence store to statistical modelling to scalable backend to performance optimization to reusable UI business components.
- Interact with a wide variety of groups to understand their data/finance modelling
- Work closely with business in analyzing the data and understanding the requirements (ranging from statistical modelling to backend infra changes to reporting) to come up with technical solutions and implement the same. From an SDLC point, you will work on the entire lifecycle - requirements gathering, design, implementation, and deployment.
Examples of Work:
- Design and develop complex systems required for Risk monitoring
- Understand domain, implement statistics, and build end-to-end flows
- Develop new generation UI tools required for Risk-Committee and the respective Business groups
- Get opportunities to build reusable tools (both backend as well as frontend), given that Risk deals with firm wide data sets.