Decision Maker at Orsus Consulting Services
Views:1321 Applications:232 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Quality Head - Electric Vehicles (13-18 yrs)
Functional Area : EV
Functional reporting to : Head Manufacturing CTL
Desirable : BE /B Tech - Electrical /Mechanical / Automobile
Job Overview :
- To lead the overall quality function for the EV manufacturing location while interfacing with various internal and external stakeholders.
- To establish and ensure quality systems meets the required standards.
- Independent handling of all production functions for Electric Vehicles
- In charge for EV - Vehicle Assembly and establish defect free Q systems & processes.
- Interface discussion with R&D, development teams & Vendor on Q Improvements.
- Electric vehicle new model testing, validation and approval.
- Troubleshooting & issue resolution of Q issues and complaints.
- Developing quality control processes across the value chain i.e. vendor auditing-house process audits dispatch audit
- Monitoring and evaluating internal production processes for improving in-process rejection (IPR), right first-time rate
- Validation and confirmation of internal quality test control specifications
- Supervising production staff and monitoring production standards. Improving production efficiency while managing quality losses
- Examining the outgoing vehicle quality for functional, aesthetic, safety etc.
- Ensuring products are designed with adherence to legal and safety standards.
- Understanding customer expectations and perceptions from CQA. Field failure analysis
- Early failure reports (EFR), Warranty claims and initiating suitable actions with concerned departments.
- Producing statistical reports on quality and discussing with top management and concerned stakeholders
- Knowledge of Electrical, electronics and electro-mechanical parts viz. ECU, sensors etc.
- Knowledge of vehicle communication protocols such as CAN, EMI/EMC requirements, AIS requirements
- Knowledge of vehicle features and sensor-actuator functionalities in EV
- Knowledge of high voltage cables, wiring harnesses, connectors, connector standards and connection types (Bosch, Tyco)
- Knowledge of Li-ion battery and battery management system.
- Knowledge of electric motor functionality, motor specifications and quality
- Knowledge of 48V/72V/96V systems
- Knowledge of electric test equipment such as high potential tester, insulation tester, high voltage surge tester
- Sound understanding and inference from diagnostic tools. Assessing quality from multiple vendor diagnostic tools such as of Vehicle ECU, BMS, Junction box
- Ability to analyse and infer from data log, reports and produce suitable reports
- Knowledge of vehicle calibration for key vehicle functionalities
- System level knowledge of two-wheeler vehicle assembly and testing from mechanical and electrical engineering perspective
- Knowledge of control plans, PFMEA, statistical process control etc.
- Knowledge of Quality tools such as:
a. 7QC tools
b. Fault-tree analysis
c. 8D reports
d. Shainin system
e. Cp-Cpk methodology
f. Stack-up analysis
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering-Vehicle on assembly parts, assembly equipment's, engineering drawings
- Knowledge of non-electrical parts quality viz. paint defects, welding, polymer etc.
- Aesthetic quality control using metrology and defining standards for aesthetic quality in consultation with various stakeholders (R&D)
- Knowledge of safety for safe handling of equipment viz. batteries
- Knowledge of supply chain and ability to do root-cause analysis for incoming vendor parts and in-house assembly defect
- Developing and understanding of Pokayoke at vendor as well as in-house to minimize quality defects
- Knowledge of Engineering change notification and ensuring its implementation in-house and from the vendor
- In-house simulation of identified defects and communication to concerned stakeholders.
- Knowledge of homologation controls (for export market)
- Knowledge of QMS, ISO, TPM
- Focusing on continuous improvement and raising quality bar
- Managing a team of 5-7 members
- Ability to work with cross-functional team and manage multiple stakeholders
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.