PwC SDC - Management Consulting Role - Operations Strategy (4-7 yrs)
Consultant at PwC Acceleration Center Management Consulting - Operations Strategy (multiple positions for candidates with 4 - 7 years of experience).
Brief Company Description
PricewaterhouseCoopers Management Consulting GDM unit services clients and project teams from India and global locations. As a Management Consulting operating unit of the firm, we enhance PwC's ability to address the strategy, growth, and innovation agendas of its clients. Our ability to design and execute business and innovation strategies, supply chain strategies, and growth strategies complements PwC's existing strengths in finance, technology, organization, risk, and deals.
We work across industries with additive strengths in core operational areas, such as:
- Market strategy;
- Operational strategy;
- Manufacturing and supply chain;
- Procurement & supply management;
- Product development and innovation;
- Customer experience and innovation;
- Mergers & Acquisitions;
- Finance effectiveness & Enterprise Profitability Management;
- People & Organization
Our Management Consulting team works with our global clients to design and implement growth, operational and customer focused strategies for sustainable competitive advantage. Our thought leadership and unparalleled experience can help clients turn formidable challenges into market advantage across the value
chain and around the globe. Additionally, our extensive expertise in various industries allows us to serve companies and their suppliers globally with consulting services with a focus on the most profitable elements of the value chain to create scalable businesses that will deliver increased sustainable profits.
The incumbent will work with the client and project teams to support global engagements from India in that driving company's strategic and operational initiatives, implementing innovative solutions, measuring results early and often, and ensuring performance meets the desired targets. Job responsibilities include conduct analyses and develop insights, prepare quantitative models in the area of operations, analyze data, work with project teams / clients and facilitate meetings to enable decision making, organize and prepare recommendations to address client problems, and participate actively in new business development, thought leadership and firm building activities. Specific responsibilities include lead project workstreams, scope and drive client deliverables from Associates and Experienced Associates, create and manage project plans, manage client expectations and project budget, support proposals with Managers and Directors, train new hires in areas of expertise and lead firm building activities as well as independently work on client deliverables with support from Managers, own and drive quantitative models, conduct primary and secondary research with sound expertise in area of operations.
PwC Acceleration Center : Management Consulting
Job Description : Management Consulting
Candidates should demonstrate substantial experience and / or knowledge in any sector (experience in the Automotive, Aerospace & Defence, Health Industries, including Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices, Industrial Products, Energy, Chemicals, Utilities, Oil & Gas, Consumer Markets, Technology & Telecom, and Retail sectors would be an added bonus) in any of the following areas:
- Logistics / Warehousing: Logistics strategy development, Logistics network design and optimization, Experience with Llamasoft (or similar network optimization tools) would be a plus, Inventory optimization, Digital logistics assessment, Inbound and Outbound logistics / Warehouse functional experience - including knowledge of processes, metrics and systems, warehouse/store/retail operations (Transportation Management Systems, Warehouse Management Systems).
- Capital Projects / Infrastructure: Portfolio / Program / Project management, Contract management, Project scheduling, Cost management, Asset management, Risk management - for setup of large scale facilities (energy, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, automotive, chemical, paper, textile, industrial products) and infrastructure (smart cities, roads, ports, railways).
- Operations Planning: Sales forecasting, Demand planning, Sales & Operations planning, Inventory planning, Supply planning, Capacity planning, Production planning, Material requirements planning. A strong understanding of the planning function and how it impacts other business functions along with knowledge of JDA / Anaplan or other similar tools would be a plus.
- Manufacturing: Manufacturing footprint analysis, Make-buy analysis, Production scheduling, Application of lean / six sigma/kaizen methodologies for manufacturing process optimization, smart factory assessments, quality management systems, quality control and assurance, computer systems validation (pharma-specific).
- Product Innovation: R&D Location Assessment, Next generation product market sizing, Vendor Assessment for Outsourcing, Span of control Analysis, R&D Organization Design, Experience with Digital supply chain/operations.
- Sourcing / Procurement: Spend Analysis, sourcing strategy development, RFI/RFQ design and execution- including knowledge of procurement processes, contracting and systems. Industry experience across cost reduction, category management, sourcing direct/ indirect categories, supplier development, supplier risk management, procurement operating model design/implementation and procure to pay process transformation is desirable. Candidates with experience in setting up large scale procurement COE for clients would be plus.
The incumbent should be able to demonstrate proven and thorough knowledge /success in supporting large teams through the design and implementation of changes to strategy and operations (including people, processes, and technology changes) by:
- Delivering significant business results that utilize strategic and creative thinking, problem-solving, and taking individual initiative,
- Leading project work streams and working autonomously with minimal direction,
- Emphasizing the ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members,
- Communicating effectively (written and verbal) to various situations and audiences,
- Managing and conducting quantitative and qualitative benchmarking and primary and secondary analyses of large and complex data
Years of Experience:
PwC'sMC team currently seeks experienced consultants at multiple levels with experience between 4 - 7 years. Relevant work experience will be considered based on the interview process.
Professional and Educational Background:
An ideal candidate must have an undergraduate degree from top institutes followed by relevant work experience, and/or a master's degree, preferably an MBA from top institutes.
Travel Requirements: Travel to global client locations may be required as per project requirements.
Line of Service: Advisory
Industry: Management Consulting
Location: Bangalore, India
Past Experience: Past experience in management consulting and exposure to multinational environment will be an added bonus.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.