Business Head at PAN India Recruiters
Views:574 Applications:163 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Purchase/Sourcing Head - Raw Material - Chemical Industry (11-16 yrs)
We have an urgent opening with our client which is leading Chemical company in India.
Department : Supply Chain
Position : Head Purchase
Position Location : Mumbai HO
Position Reporting to: Head SCM
Direct reports : 20 Nos
Purchase Value : 2500 CRs +
- Major considerations: cost reduction and optimizing inventory as per seasonal requirements. Total RM's more than 300, total suppliers more than 250.
- New supplier development and new product development for my category of materials, visiting key suppliers, suppliers audits for new developments, calculations and communication of supplier performance ratings.
- System Improvements : SAP Improvements and suggestions for RFQ through supplier portal as a link between SAP and Supplier-Buyer. Participation in Kaizen drive. Ariba Auctions for Dries and chromes.
- Accurately prepare purchase / sale order in SAP.
- Preparing Import and local Cost Sheet and maintain the same in SAP system.
- Analyze equivalent replacements for obsolete material with proper approval from technical dept.
- Prepare RFQ and ensured availability of all necessary details required for pricing.
- Coordinating with CHA for clearance of material from port to plant.
- Float enquiries based upon the PRs generated in the system.
- Prepare Comparative statements based upon the offers received & assist manager in rate finalization by providing necessary data.
- Convert PRs into POs based upon the finalized vendor.
- Ensure material delivery on schedule through proper follow-up & coordination.
- To intervene in case of any vendor issues viz. rejection / payment etc.
- Co-ordinate with plant personnel to resolve the issue in PO, supplies etc.
- Prepare regular MIS reports for control purposes
- Ensure strict implementation of policy/ procedural guidelines.
- To obtain CAPA from suppliers in case of rejections.
- To work jointly with vendor, technical & QA in case of continuous rejections or new vendor / material development
- To ensure share of business as per the guidelines & approval by respective authorities.
- To ensure that necessary documentation viz. ISO certificates is updated from time to time.
- To maintain optimum inventory as per the guidelines from manager.
- To ensure compliance with relevant laws.
- To ensure proper filing of documents for imported items.
- Internal (Vendors, Clearing Agents & Financial Institutions) & External (Finance, R&D, Plants, HR, Packaging, Costing)
- Candidates from Paint/Chemical industry only apply with all mentioned experience as above.
- 10 - 15 years in Procurement of Raw Materials for - Any Chemical Industry.
- Import experience is a must. Clearance knowledge is a must.
- Should be doing Local Sourcing.
- SAP Exposure is mandatory.
- Process Oriented Approach and Analytical Skills.
- BE/BTech (Chemical) + MBA is desirable