Protiviti - Senior Consultant - Internal Audit - Business Risk Advisory - CA (2-4 yrs)
- Risk consultants work in a client facing role and take on the responsibility of identifying, assessing and monitoring risks by developing a risk management plan and strategy. They assist clients in addressing compliance, financial, operational and strategic risk.
- They work in teams to provide high-quality execution of projects for clients across a wide range of industries. Typical projects comprise conducting reviews of systems, processes and internal controls. They provide recommendations to clients for improvement or remediation and draft reports on gaps & key issues requiring redress.
- Risk consultants demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge by staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- They establish deep relationships with client personnel (at appropriate levels) by understanding the client's perspective and become the de-facto go-to-person. Their work output is expected to be of outstanding quality.
- They constantly monitor project progress, manage risk and verify key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Risk consultants also participate in sales and support business development initiatives. In addition, they get opportunities to perform research and contribute to the development of thought leadership. If assigned, they are expected to coach, train and support junior members in the team.
- Risk professionals assist clients with testing internal process controls and developing internal audit plans. They assess the current state of an organization's internal control/Sarbanes-Oxley Act framework and help clients drive value and efficiency in their internal controls utilizing the latest technology and leading practices.
Desired profile :
- Qualified CA in 1st/2nd attempt with good internal audit experience.
- 2-4 years experience in a related field (Business Risk), internal audit, preferably in professional services and/or industry.
- Understanding of business processes and internal control concepts (COSO, COBIT), control rationalization, optimization, effectiveness and efficiency; knowledge of process gaps identification and auditing methodologies (including flowcharting), IT Infrastructure, Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance
- Experience related to the implementation of a variety of research and information gathering strategies, conduct risk assessment, perform and interpret gap analysis and development of risk remediation strategies
- Experience in conducting an audit in a SAP environment would be an added advantage
- Skills in project management and engagement closure would be useful
- Certification in CIA/CISA/CPA is preferred but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications
Key Personal Attributes :
- A good blend of creative thinking and rigorous analysis in solving business problems
- Possesses excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills. Adept at preparing and presenting reports to an audience.
- A strong client focus on effectively serving client needs and developing productive working relationships with client personnel. Stay abreast of current business and economic developments and new pronouncements/ standards relevant to the client's business.
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment as well as independently. Work with team members to set goals and responsibilities for specific engagements. Fosters teamwork and innovation.
- Mature, proactive and displays initiative. Manages own and others time well. Able to work under pressure.
- Enjoys traveling and meeting new people. Ability to travel (Domestic & International) as necessary to meet client needs. Second language skills and international business experience will be useful.
About Us :
Protiviti (www.protiviti.com) is a global consulting firm that helps companies solve problems in finance, technology, operations, governance, risk, and internal audit. Through our network of more than 70 offices in over 20 countries, we have served more than 35% of Fortune 1000 and Global 500 companies. We also work with smaller, growing companies, including those looking to go public, as well as with government agencies. Protiviti is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE: RHI). Founded in 1948, Robert Half International is a member of the S&P 500 index.
The India member firm of Protiviti (www.protiviti.co.in), PI Advisory Private Limited, is a leading provider of business consulting, internal audit, risk management, technology, and transaction services.
Consulting Domain: We undertake projects in the areas of Internal Audit, Risk Consulting, Business Improvement, IT consulting, Data Analytics and Forensics.
About Protiviti :
Protiviti delivers deep expertise, objective insights, a tailored approach, and unparalleled collaboration to help leaders face the future with confidence. Our consulting solutions span critical business problems in technology, business process, analytics, risk, compliance, transactions, and internal audit. We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce of professionals that share the common value of collaboration. As an organization, we believe that by teaming together, with each other, and our clients, we can see beyond the surface of changes and problems organizations face in this fast-changing world to discover opportunities others might miss and face the future with greater confidence.
Our more than 4,500 people serve clients through the network of Protiviti and independently owned Member Firms in more than 70 offices in over 20 countries. We have served over 60% of FORTUNE 1000- companies and 35% of FORTUNE Global 500- companies. Our people and organization have consistently been recognized by FORTUNE and Consulting Magazine as the best company to work for. In India, Protiviti's member firm (Protiviti India Member Private Ltd.) is a leading provider of business consulting, internal audit, risk management, technology, tax and regulatory, financial reporting and IFRS advisory, forensic and fraud investigation, information management and transaction services. Protiviti member firms are separate and independent legal entities, are not agents of other firms in the Protiviti network, and have no authority to obligate or bind other firms in the Protiviti network.