Project Manager - Manufacturing Firm (15-20 yrs)
- Plan the projects aggressively through the critical chain project management (CCPM) methodology to meet customer due dates on all projects
- Continuously improve the projects' flow through design reviews, reviews with resource managers, Fever chat monitoring, buffer recovery meetings and POOGI (process of ongoing improvement)
- Update the task time durations on an ongoing basis in line with completion data.
- Responsible for full kitting of projects before they are taken for execution. Follow checklists and completion criteria.
- Prepare project plans, using established templates. (Run Critical Chain and assign buffers in software). Upload the projects in central server.
- Prepare project plan with maximum tasks running in parallel
- Monitor task / projects' time buffer consumption daily.
- Check the progress on penetrating tasks and intervene for buffer recovery actions.
- Resolve cross-functional issues escalated by task managers.
- Make buffer recovery plans with resource managers, whenever the project is lagging with respect to timeline.
- Lead weekly CCPM(Project management)buffer management meetings. Highlight issues requiring attention of top management and seek help for additional resources / premium spendings.
- Attend all design for manufacturability review meetings.
- Drive POOGI actions to shorten lead times (TGR/TGW)
- RFA preparation and approval.
- Circulate Things Gone Wrong and Things Gone Right to team for improvement. Inculcate POOGI discipline.
- Ensure daily Active Task Management (ATM) and document the same.
- Project monitoring reports to objectively drive tasks thru resource managers.
- Coordinate with team to ensure on time project completion.
- Escalate issues whenever project is stuck up, call in CFT meet to resolve the same.
- Update top management on critical / unresolved issues faced during project execution.
- Coordination with Portfolio management.
- Facilitate task managers to resolve obstacles.
- Plan and lead internal reviews for new projects as and when required
- Awareness in Tool making for key manufacturing process like Injection moulding, blow moulding, die casting and press tooling
- Adequate knowledge of sheet metal working/Press working processes
- Aluminum Casting processes
- Rubber moulding processes
- Surface coating processes
- Awareness of IATF 16949
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.