Careers at Optum, a UnitedHealth Group Company
Views:2702 Applications:26 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Project Manager - Java (12-16 yrs)
Position Description :
- Transform health care and change the way consumers engage with technology.
- Sounds like a big challenge, right Here, at Optum, you have the opportunity to achieve great things while you showcase your passion and technical expertise as a (Type of Developer) Applications Developer. You'll be inspired by working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in technology who bring compassion, energy and focus to their work every day on a mission to change health care as we know it. Join us! Come share who you are and start doing your life's best work.(SM)
- As part of our development team, you will predominantly be involved in building business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. You'll stretch your skills and grow your careers as a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with the established specifications and business requirements in order to deliver business value. This is a unique development role where your (fill in what makes this role different).
Primary Responsibilities :
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Participate in the development of business strategy
- Develop and manage business plans to achieve objectives
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Direct cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams
- Deploy and maintain Applications/Systems
- 12+ years of strong experience in Agile, Development, CI/CD & automation.
- Substantial hands-on technology experience, web/software development
- Strong experience in Struts, Hibernate, Web Services (SOAP & REST), CSS, HTML, JQuery
- Strong knowledge in Solution architecture & design patterns, processes and best practices.
- IT Guidance during Ideation, MVP, and Capability grooming. Feature roadmap grooming
- Sound DevOps architecture knowledge related to Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions & Platform Automation.
- Exposure to Tools - Jenkins, GIT, Sonar, Fortify, Selenium, Artifactory, XL deploy, XL Release, Docker, etc.
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum Education (fed from GSS)
- 5+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a developer
Preferred Qualifications :
Health care industry experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.