HR Business Partner at Bestseller India
Views:848 Applications:163 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:144
Bestseller - Project Manager - IT (5-8 yrs)
The Role :
A key role for monitoring and managing all new IT Projects, enhancements and initiatives. This involves planning, monitoring and also managing and directing the vendors teams and assigned project resources to best meet the project objectives.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Bridge the gap between several stakeholders, ensure they are all performing seamlessly by streamlining processes and increasing the team's efficiency
- Continuous improvement mindset - creating and improving processes, identifying gaps in our value-add offerings to
- Manage, motivate and mentor project team members for better team bonding and coordination.
- Escalation, Conflict management and resolution within the team
- Provide direction, guidance to project teams for achieving the expected results
- Handling all aspects of Project Management for project deliveries within schedule, estimates and costs
- Project scope definition
- Delivery, documentation and circulation of an end to end Plan, including activity, dependencies, timing and ownership
- Coordinate among multiple partners teams, internal/external stakeholders, cross-functional teams etc. to ensure timely completion of every activity within the available resources.
- Adherence to project Plan
- Manage all involved teams for timely release of required documents/approvals/clearances to ensure inter-dependencies are addressed in smooth and timely manner
- Analyze and publish reports at regular intervals for errors/timing to maximize outcomes for SLAs and accordingly develop skill for further implementation/service Delivery
- Sending alerts to the leadership team on important misses or if any activity falls on critical path. Seek approvals for mid-course corrections, adjustment of resources or timelines etc
- Good understanding of multiple domains for ability to govern the large and complex IT projects
- Planning, controlling and monitoring and also managing the vendor partner project managers and directing the assigned project resources to best meet project objectives.
- Coordinate all project activities (planning, controlling, monitoring, scheduling), ensuring cooperation, cohesion, collaboration and teamwork between functional, technical and vendor partner teams
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Report the status of assigned projects on all key metrics (risk, scope, schedule, quality, resources, customer satisfaction) from inception through closure on one or more projects
- Develop and maintain project management documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can communicate clearly and concisely
- Negotiation skills
- Need to be a team player
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Understand that an employer brand is more than a logo, and know how to communicate the value prop of working at our company both authentically and transparently
- Passionate about IT. Ready to learn and grow
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives that support PMO best practices
- BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech / MCA / MSc in Electronics / IT / Computer Science or equivalent/MBA
- Demonstrated skill with Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall delivery models
- Preferred Certifications: PMP / Prince-2, PMI-ACP / CSM
- Must have 5-8 years of experience in managing large, complex and technically diverse successful IT projects