Project Lead/Senior Project Lead - Agri Business Development & Capacity Building (13-16 yrs)
Project Lead /Senior Project Lead - Agri Business Development & Capacity Building
Location : Bikaner
Role and Responsibilities :
- Providing support to the beneficiaries in the implementation of value chain development approaches/models; business plan development; market analysis; cost benefit analysis and facilitating preparation of detailed implementation report (DIR) etc.
- Facilitating access to technology to address critical gaps in production, post-harvest and processing, marketing etc.
- Facilitating partnerships development/linkages with key knowledge/technology institutions, private firms, marketing institutions;
- Capacity building and skills of key functionaries in Value Chain development and Market Linkages
- Review existing Value Chain Analyses and Market Assessments of agricultural and non-agricultural products and labour markets
- Assist project core team on Development of Commodity Value Chain and market linkage for various products/ commodities in the Agriculture and allied activities, scale-up, capacity-building, production techniques and value chain development (both forward & backward linkages)
- Work on development of value chains and market linkages for identified commodities/ products and roll out the plan in identified state.
- Facilitate formation of appropriate CBOs such as producer groups and producer companies.
- Capacity building and training of producer groups and producer companies in Value Chain development.
- Enhance knowledge sharing through exposure visits, sharing experiences of similar projects undertaken, approach paper, Development of manuals; guidelines; good practice notes; knowledge materials etc.
- Must have a Masters Degree or equivalent in Rural Management, Forest Management,
- Agriculture and allied activities, Natural Resources Management or a related field.
- Minimum 13-16 years in Development sector, with at least 7 years of experience in conducting market assessments, establishing agri value chains, business planning and financial analysis of FPO enterprises, innovative models in value chains like traceability, certification, commodity analysis etc.
- Experience development sector mainly on gender issues, community mobilization, FPO management, Agri-commodity value chain, etc.
- Capacity to interact effectively with community and their institutions from different cultures and work with donor agencies
- Strong team collaboration, Stakeholder management and leadership skills is desirable.
- Exposure to working with / supporting farmer producer companies is preferred
- Should possess good report writing, documentation and presentation skills
- Experience of managing teams and multiple project components
- Sound knowledge M/S Word/ Excel/ PPT
- Exposure to agriculture development work in Central India would be added advantage
- Flare for travel as the job profile requires 70% travel time
- Candidates should be willing to relocate to any Project location in India.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.