Director at JobsLo Consultants
Views:3061 Applications:80 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Project Head - Real Estate/Construction (17-23 yrs)
Projects Head - Real Estate
- The position will be responsible for managing development of all Commercial and Residential of the Group as assigned by the Business. The individual will lead and manage a team of resources dedicated to monitor the quality, cost & time dimensions of projects and ensure maximum customer satisfaction at the time of handover.
- The position will work through Project Management Companies, external architects and consultants to design and execute the projects.
Key Responsibilities :
- Lead the Project's organization with responsibility for delivery of Projects in line business objectives with focus on Cost, Quality and Schedule dimensions for project delivery.
- Ensure robust planning, direction and coordination of activities from concept design to final handover of the project ensuring the project works are within the budgeted time & cost and as per quality standards.
- Present and finalize project plan. Planning to include cost estimates/budgets, schedule, procurement, quality and safety procedures, specification and method statements and liaison for required govt/statutory approvals & permits.
- Ensure proper planning for the project is completed and signed off by relevant stakeholder teams and organizations at each project phase.
- Anchor and oversee the pre-concept feasibility studies, special project initiatives or due diligence assignments as assigned by the Chairman
- Develop streamlined processes for managing project cost, schedule, quality, risk, and communications (internal and external).
- Enable savings on the project cost through value engineering of the project during the design phase. Also ensure effective management of costs during development phase and savings where possible.
- Manage relationships with external architects and project management companies and other external bodies to ensure strict adherence to quality standards and specifications.
- Handle escalations of critical / complex issues. Identify and evaluate alternative solutions to best meet project goals and get stakeholder buy-in for the proposed solution.
- Assign appropriate internal resources to projects for supervision and facilitating timely completion of projects.
- Review Projects status in terms of costs incurred and tasks completion, taking necessary actions to stay within agreed budgets and timelines. Monitor progress, provide financial control and ensure quality of project.
- Monitor progress of works against the project schedule.
- Ensure regular reconciliation of project cost V/s approved budget and accurate updates on requirements of funds based on progress.
- Timely and rigorous quality audits and closures of open issues by Project Leads through PMC / Contractors.
DEPARTMENT (BU/FUNCTION) : Projects
COMPANY : EPDPL
LOCATION : Bangalore
- Ensure teams take proactive action to escalate issues, mitigate overruns wrt time and cost.
- Ensure rigorous change control process - Estimation and approvals and revised schedule / cost.
- Ensure contractual issues are identified, highlighted and resolved.
- Partner with the Procurement team for finalization of vendors as per the agreed project time lines.
- Ensure projects include a robust handover plan and close-out.
- Final walk through and tenant / customers and services team.
- Ensure timely engagement of the Services / Client facilities management team for testing and commissioning equipment / systems.
- Ensure smooth project closeout and transition to stable operations and defined protocols for support during warranty period.
- Manage the project teams including architects, engineers, design consultants, PMC, Property Management and administrative support. Oversee the vendor selection and performance management process for consultants, contractors, and other outside vendors.
- Manage the continuous development and implementation of design standards and guidelines.
- Work closely with the Leasing, Sales and Marketing teams for project delivery to ensure achievement of target revenue goals of the business unit.
- Ensure project updates to all stakeholders on a weekly, monthly basis or any other agreed frequency - Client updates, Management & Board updates, Operational teams Company Define and establish the protocols for exchange of information and reviews, dashboards and templates for reporting and mechanisms for sharing, storing and updating project documents.
- Implement Group's policies and processes as applicable for team and operations. Ensure that the latest technology is used and process and systems are in place to meet the regulatory, statutory, audit and compliance requirements. Ensure that projects comply with all applicable legal requirements and regulations.
- Promote open, constructive and collaborative relations within and across teams & group entities.
- Create a cohesive team of competent personnel by hiring, training & retaining top talent. Identify and groom talent, providing coaching, mentoring and feedback.
Key Interfaces :
- Internal / Group Business Heads, Marketing Teams, Commercial & Finance Heads, Design Team, Procurement & Liaison, Head of Operations & Projects (EOP), ESPL External Project Management Companies, Architects, Vendors, Regulatory Authorities and Customers
Qualifications and Work Experience :
- BE (Civil) with experience in Project Management/ Construction in Real Estate (Commercial, Residential). Experience with construction of luxury homes, high rise commercial buildings and apartments and retail establishments.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully planning and executing medium and / or large scale commercial and / or large scale mixed use projects with at least one successfully completed project of Rs 500 crores experience in construction industry.
- Exposure and experience working with quality systems and process
- Well versed with project development, pre-concept feasibility studies, project planning and scheduling, developing project delivery strategy and risk analysis, value engineering analysis and facilitating inputs at all stages of design and construction.
- Able to maintain a focused approach for Design management, design co-ordination and integration of structural, MEP and IT services in design.
- Managing project execution, quality control, procurement, contract management and change management
- Conversant with the international terms and conditions of contracts (FIDIC etc.); National Building Code of India (relevant segments), Local building regulations, Fire Department regulations for High rise buildings, Compliance to Statutory norms; and Green building norms, ISO and OSHAS standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies :
- Effective verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong inter personal skills and experience in People Management both direct and across matrix internal organization
- Should be effective in delivering outcomes through others
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to build and strengthen partnerships
- Engage, negotiate & collaborate effectively with service partners and display strong customer orientation.
- Strong project development and project management experience in new build and fit out of commercial office premises with robust understanding of project financing and cashflow.
- Solutions mindset with ability to get solutions implemented
- Capturing and acting on insightful information 0 In-depth understanding of commercial property operations, building engineering management and maintenance, and occupier relationships and technically proficient to engage effectively with teams / partners EH Awareness of industry best practices and latest trends
- Awareness and understanding of commercial, legal and regulatory aspects
- Quality and process orientation with exposure and experience in implementing quality
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.