Programme Lead - Education (8-10 yrs)
The Programme Lead must be someone with strong vision, deep educational, operational, and technological expertise, and dexterity in managing relationships with the multiple institutions involved. Ideally, he/she would be someone who can bring to bear understanding and expertise in education, data analysis, technology, and operations strategy.
- To design and lead the development of at-scale programmes, actively owning and delivering the programme
- Codifying best practices from the program and disseminating them internally and externally towards building knowledge of the organization and allowing replication across the ecosystem
- To build strong relationships and credibility with partner organisations, senior government officials, donors and field teams.
To support the execution and implementation of the programme at scale
- Support the Program Director in implementing the programme effectively at scale
- Collectively work with team members in the state towards high quality execution of the program on ground sharing key insights
- Manage a team of Programme Managers, Project Managers, Project Associates and Project Coordinators, towards successful and smooth work execution
- Providing timely support to government counterparts, field officials and teachers towards understanding and engaging with organisation's programs
- Understanding and navigating the education administration of the state to enable impact
- Designing and delivering mechanisms for increasing impact Strengthening liaison with the government, and identifying opportunities for deepening support to the government
- Providing insight into other programs and initiatives ongoing at the state and district level
- Building and sharing a strong understanding of historical and current government programs
- Develop and maintain effective feedback mechanism to ensure and support evidence-based planning and decision making.
- Capture and communicate feedback from ground to enable strengthening of programme design and implementation
To build an effective and sustainable delivery architecture, including a highperforming team and strong public, private and non-profit partnerships.
- Recruit, support, line-manage and develop a high-calibre delivery team. Effectively work in a matrixed environment with education specialists, subject matter experts and field staff
- Develop and maintain strong operational relationships with government partners, providing leadership and putting in place mechanisms to support collaboration and cross-organisational working.
- To ensure the strategic agenda is effectively translated into clear operational plans within the core programme being led.
- To provide advice and challenge to the Senior Leadership Team on programme management and execution
- To work effectively with board members, ensuring regular and accurate reporting on programme performance.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills, and attributes.
- A total experience of 8-10 years with a track record of providing strong strategic and operational leadership in a rapidly growing commercial or charitable organization.
- Proven success in managing multi-functional teams, including finance, in dynamic settings.
- Extensive experience of working with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of developing effective operational services to support the delivery of wider strategic goals.