Managing Partner & CEO at GoodPeople Consulting LLP
Views:328 Applications:32 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Professor - Food & Agri Business/Business Intelligence/SCM/e-Bus/Economics & Econometrics - Deemed University (10-15 yrs)
Prof.(Food & Agri Bus.Mgmt/Bus. Intelligence/SCM/E-bus. Mgmt/Economics & Econometrics)-Deemed University-Central India
FACULTY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Deemed University in Central India invites candidates for Professor (Level - 14 or 15, Entry Pay 1,44,200.- or 1,82,200.-). The candidate must exhibit proficiency in fostering excellence in academics, research & development; building knowledge creation pacts with industry and peer institutions globally. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with colleagues in a diverse campus community.
- Ph. D. degree in relevant field and First class or equivalent at either Bachelor's or Master's level in the relevant branch.
- Minimum 10 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IIMs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution/institutions of comparable standards. Two years of professional experience after acquiring the Master's degree is desirable.
- If the experience in the industry is considered, the same shall be at a managerial level equivalent to Associate Professor with active participation record in devising, designing, planning, executing, analyzing, quality control, innovating, and training.
- At least 6 research publications at the level of Associate Professor in internationally reputed journals with dominant impact factors and high citation index/scholar rating; and at least 2 successful Ph.D. guided as Supervisor / Co- supervisor till the date of eligibility of promotion.
At least 10 research publications at the level of Associate Professor in internationally reputed journals with dominant impact factor and high citation index/scholar rating till the date of eligibility of promotion.
1. Demonstrated superior academic work and an uncompromising commitment to academic excellence.
2. Competency in teaching and developing innovative pedagogical techniques like Experiential Learning tools, application based learning and similar pedagogical tools for practical industry oriented learning and skilling.
3. Ability to innovate, and seamlessly work with technological and hybrid (online & offline) models of teaching.
4. Pose and test bankable ideas to solve real world problems.
5. Experience in communicating articulately and enthusiastically with a wide variety of internal and external audiences.
6. Demonstrate adherence to highest standards of ethics.
a. Designing course objectives, industry-relevant curriculum and pedagogy that produces graduates empowered at contributing in challenging work environments.
b. Develop, and implement the use of innovative assessment methods.
c. Contribute to monitoring the enhancement of quality in teaching within the Department and ensuring that teaching delivery across the Department is consistent with best practices.
2. PhD Guide:
a. Supervise and mentor PhD Scholars ensuring high-quality dissertations that challenge existing knowledge or products/service or business processes.
3. Research & Development:
a. Developing and carrying forward a coherent research strategy in their discipline which achieves public recognition and a sustained national and international impact.
b. Mentor groups and individuals to research-methodology setting them to a lifetime path of meaningful research output.
c. Manage research and collaborative partnerships with other academic institutions.
a. Collaborate with Government, Industry & NGOs to establish funded research centres/chairs.
b. Successfully conduct Training and Consultancy assignments from Industry.
a. Engage with international academic and industry partners.
b. Undertake programs with international organisations aimed at expanded horizons, and sensitivity to diverse global cultures for students and faculty.
c. Participate in international efforts (conferences, committees, bodies, etc.) to improve academic & research throughput.
6. Institutional Development:
a. Set strategic planning priorities actively in engaging and building strong Industry-Institute interface with the objective of advancing experiential learning, research projects, consultancy projects and knowledge sharing partnerships.
b. Conceptualize, and execute FACULTY DEVELOPMENT.
c. To involve in the policy formation, administration, and governance of their faculty, their school and the University.
d. To provide pastoral care and support to students.
e. Any action required for the furtherance of the university vision-
- To create value-based global leaders through industry-relevant education and solve real-world problems with impactful research.-
1. Food and Agri-Business Management
Applicants with teaching, research and/or practice interests and experience in areas of Agriculture marketing system, post-harvest management, farmers cooperatives, agritourism, biofuels, organic food production, Agri procurement management, agriculture risk management, food packaging and processing industry, food retailing, genetically modified crops, food import and export management and food processing environment and policies and others.
2. Business Intelligence
a. Knowledge of working with popular analytics software tools and languages commonly used in industry such as SAS, IBM SPSS Modeler, Python, R, Tableau.
b. Applicants with teaching, research and/or practice interests and experience in application of Data and Business Analytics including HR/People Analytics, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Industry 4.0, and Internet of Things (IOT) within the context of the above areas are strongly encouraged to apply.
3. Supply Chain and Logistics Management
a. Applicants with teaching, research and/or practice interests and experience in areas of operations and supply chain management, including: Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Decision Modeling and Analysis, Enterprise Resource Planning, Logistics, Quality Management, and Procurement, inventory and warehouse management, transaction intelligence, supply chain digitisation, risk management and cost optimisation and others.
b. A research record or pipeline in Operations and Supply Chain Management or related fields such as but not limited to information systems, engineering, decision sciences, management sciences, etc is expected.
4. E-business Management
Applicants with teaching, research and/or practice interests and experience in Electronic Commerce, Digital Strategies, Technology entrepreneurship, Strategic information technology planning, e-customer relationship management, big data analytics and visualisation and others.
5. Economics and Econometrics
Applicants with teaching, research and/or practice interests and experience in areas of Microeconomics; Macroeconomics; Environmental Economics; Mathematics and statistics for economists; International Economics; Social Economics; Agricultural Economics; Labour Economics and Industrial Relations; Econometrics; Managerial Economics; Principles of marketing management; Indian Economic Planning and Policy; Monetary Economics; Public Economics; Research Methods in Economics; Advanced Econometrics; Indian Economic Development and Policy; Portfolio Theory and Investment analysis; Statistical Packages for economic research; Entrepreneurial Economics and others.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.