Senior Associate at Ikya Global
Views:1618 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
Procurement Specialist - Government Sector - Contractual Role (5-10 yrs)
Recruiting for : Bihar Vikas Mission, Government of Bihar.
The contract period of employment shall be for 11 months with Govt. of Bihar and can be Renewed/Extended.
Gross Salary per month : Rs. 84,750 /-
Work Location: Patna, Bihar
(Applications will be received from 27th Nov 2018 till 21st Dec 2018)
Note:-Only eligible candidates will be considered for further evaluation.
Position Name:- Procurement Specialist
Reports to:- Principal Secretary - Urban Development & Housing Department
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering / Planning / Urban Planning / Architecture / Geography / Business (full time).
- Minimum 5 years of post-qualification experience with at least 2 years of procurement experience.
- Less than 35 years# of age as on 1st January 2019.
- Experience in handling procurement related activities like bid management, contract management, vendor management.
- Experience of working with state / central government organizations / bilateral / multilateral organizations (e.g. World bank, DFID, UNDP, ADB) in procurement / purchasing role.
- PG Diploma (2 years full time) or Master's degree (full time) in Management / Business Administration / Operations / Supply Chain Management / Material Management / Procurement / Finance.
- Courses / Certifications in World Bank / ADB procurement policies, procedures & guidelines
- Age limit for SC / ST (Male/Female) domicile / resident of Bihar - 40 years Age limit for BC / EBC (Male/Female) domicile / resident of Bihar - 38 years Age limit for General (Female) domicile / resident of Bihar - 38 years.
- Contribute to the development of overall procurement plan by providing inputs, analysis and research, as required.
- Provide inputs to Department and help define the strategies, policies and processes for procurement of goods and services
Requirements Gathering & Bid Management
- Liaise with relevant Department officials to understand and analyze requirements (including technical specifications) for procurement of material items and services, provide suggestions and finalize.
- Prepare RFPs and tender documents for vendor selection for procurement of material items and services and seek approval of relevant Department officials, ensuring that the identified.
- Draft and finalize contracts and agreements in coordination with relevant internal parties (like Department officials, Legal, Finance etc.) in line with the defined requirements and negotiated terms and conditions, as required.
- Monitor and manage changes / additions required in assigned contracts and agreements by liaising with the concerned vendor and seeking guidance of relevant Department officials where necessary
- Maintain relationships with vendors and provide the required support to them for carrying out the assigned procurement activities.
- Monitor performance of vendors and third-party service providers and highlight to Department in case of sub-optimal performance.
- Support the Department in monitoring and ensuring compliance of procurement activities with the established internal and external regulations, standards and procedures