Global Resourcing - Talent Acquisition at Olam International
Views:1781 Applications:176 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Procurement Manager - Raw Material - FMCG (4-7 yrs)
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for cost-effective sourcing and delivery of all imported RM (Animal-origin meals, Amino acids, Vitamins & Minerals and other additives) through a diverse global supplier base to our feed mills in Nigeria.
Key responsibilities include:
Raw Materials Planning :
- Develop a thorough understanding of all raw material used in PF & FF.
- Set up systems for a 6-month rolling plan for all raw material, factoring in the updated sales forecasts (from Poultry & Fish Feed PCHs), formulations (from Head- Nutrition) and inventory constraints (from Ilorin & Kaduna Plant managers).
- The plan should cover end-to-end inventory including at factories, domestic in-transit, at port, on waters and ordered-not-shipped.
- Regular review on min-max norms for each raw material to ensure no stock-outs while optimizing working capital.
Raw material Ordering:
- Regularly collect market data/insights from suppliers and other sources and share with Head- Procurement to take informed buying decisions.
- Work out the factory landed cost for each order and obtain approvals before placing firm orders.
- Work closely with Finance to efficiently manage LC opening, Form M and Supplier financing (to minimize Working Capital).
- Negotiate ocean freights and other terms with liners and port authorities (mostly through suppliers).
- Manage different licenses in advance for critical raw material from customs or any other department.
Imported RM Documentation & Clearing:
- Fully understand and manage documentation e.g. Bill of lading, Invoice, Packing List, HS Codes, Form M, Packing List, Certificate of Origin, PQ certificates, Quarantine, NAFDAC requirements etc. required for clearing of shipments.
- Fully understand and manage the SOPs under customs duty payment, port clearances and domestic logistics through CHAs to deliver the imported RM to our factories.
- Effectively manage the import documentation, Daily / weekly maintenance of CHA payments master import master
- Actively control any cost over-runs through proper understanding of D&D rules for different liners, free days management / negotiation post facto etc.
- Support on Clearing & Logistics for non-RM imported items (equipment, spares, samples etc.)
- Min. 5 years of post-MBA from Tier 1 B School work experience handling similar responsibilities. (IIFT, IIM, SIBM, IMT, FMS, SP Jain, MDI, XLRI, )
- Good team and external stakeholder management skills
- Prior experience working for reputed liners or CHAs will be an added advantage