Director at Hashtag HR
Views:1564 Applications:255 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:246
Procurement Manager - Category Management - Goods & Services - APAC Region (8-12 yrs)
The purpose of this position is to manage the sourcing, procurement, and management of suppliers and vendors in support of the delivery of real estate, facilities, and project management services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Category Manager (CM) position will be based in India and will report into the PJM Regional Director of Strategic Sourcing, APAC region. This person will be focused on developing specialized goods/services categories within Project Management (PJM), in support of the company's internal FUSION program, and supply chain. CM will help to accelerate the expansion of the FUSION within a region, by adding onto an existing portfolio of strategic partners, and will execute supply chain strategies that are designed to maximize client outcomes and minimize cost for assigned complex category(s). The CM will develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and manage various categories/FUSION partner performance (SQE). The Category Manager may manage multiple categories for various CapEx goods/services - this person too, will work closely with PJM business leaders, and align with overall global enterprise SCM strategy. The CM will also have/demonstrate subject-matter expertise and will take a fact-based approach in validating category opportunities.
This person must possess the following supply chain characteristics:
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Be a self-starter
- Team player
- Be an effective presenter and influencer
- Collaborative, and engaging
- Strategic vs. tactical
- Thorough understanding of lifecycle costing, and total cost of ownership
- Expert in change management, and influence
- Passionate about transformation, and having a - whatever it takes- mentality
- Optimize sourcing strategies by fostering positive supplier relationships
- Lead RFI/RFQ/RFP processes, negotiate cost savings and secure mutually beneficial sourcing contracts
- Communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders regarding the assigned category
- Candidate must possess strong communication and analytical skills
- Broad experience of indirect CapEx-focused sourcing categories (General Contractors, A/E Firms, Flooring, Roofing, Electrical, Fixtures, Furniture, and etc.)
- Experience in having worked in the APAC region
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within a single functional or operational area. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action, and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and demonstrates RISE value behaviors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in supply chain/category management/procurement
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in supply chain and procurement of indirect materials
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory capacity
- No relocation offered
- Preference will be given to those applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum requirements, also possess one or more of the following:
- E-Sourcing experience (Ariba, Zycus, Coupa, Reverse Auction tools, etc.)
Supply chain experience in one or more categories in the following areas:
- Capital Expenditures
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field from four-year College and/or University. Minimum of two years of related experience and/or training. Minimum of five years experience in procurement of real estate or facility management services and supplies.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
C.P.M., C.P.S.M. or N.A.C.M. certifications or eligibility preferred.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- REASONING ABILITY
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of database reporting and platform manipulation. Familiarity with use of contracts management tools and platforms.
- SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to the department.