Senior Consultant at Synergy Consultants
Views:50 Applications:6 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Principal Investigator - Bioinformatics - Biological Systems (5-10 yrs)
Principal Investigator - Bioinformatics
Education and Experience :
- PhD with at least 5 years industrial/academic experience in bioinformatic and computational analysis of biological systems.
- Experience in programming particularly Linux, Python, Java or R, to provide analytical tools for querying large sequence and relational databases. Familiarity with HP cluster computing in this context would be a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the computational applications that are essential for an informatics workflow that starts with building databases of raw sequence and delivers understanding of biological systems and their dynamics.
- Experience in NGS technologies, ideally Illumina and PacBio/Nanopore instrumentation leading to high quality genome assembly, annotation, gene structure and genotyping.
- Experience in RNA-Seq and Chip-Seq applications employing gene enrichment studies to address functional analyses using ontologies, pathways, networks, and/or phylogenetics.
- Demonstrated experience of designing molecular biological experiments associated with treatments of cellular systems in controlled environments, ideally those with relevance to agricultural production.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with experience of mentoring other research personnel.
- Willing to provide necessary basic training to non-bioinformatic research staff on the use and application of relevant bioinformatics software and tools
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solving skills with interest in working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Keen to design and implement innovative solutions to improve data analysis platform in order to identify novel targets and other insights relevant for crop protection indication areas.
- Skillful presentation of data using compelling visualization tools for better interpretation and analysis.