Principal Financial Services - Program Manager/Principal Consultant - IT Infrastructure (15-17 yrs)
Position Title : Program Manager
Designation : Principal Consultant
Years of Experience : 15 to 17 years
Business Unit : IT
Location : Pune
Role Description :
- The Program Manager role is responsible for managing a Program or a small portfolio in regards to Operations, Business/Domain, and Customer Management aspects.
- This role will have;Leader of Leadership, responsibilities and can also have the HR leadership responsibilities for the team members of the project/s or Scrum Team/s.
Key Responsibilities :
People Management :
1. Conduct appraisals and build development plans for team members
2. Mentor team members to build application/system expertise in the relevant domains
3. Ensure the operational stability for the team and provide inputs to Sr Delivery Manager/Program Manager
for resource continuity and backup planning
Program Management :
Delivery Management :
- Manage Operations and deliveries as per committed scheduled timelines, SLAs and Quality targets
- Manage programs that span different disciplines and diverse technologies and tools set
- Get a program level understanding of the tasks undertaken and execute on planning, execution, monitoring and controlling of the programs
- Status reporting, Metrics generation at BU level & analysis
- Establish and continually improve program/ project management and execution processes
Resource Management :
- Human Capital Plan ; Identification of required skills for the program based on BUstrategy, forecasting the
- Identify hiring and training needs, plan & drive trainings for team
- Handling appraisal and feedback for the team
- Vendor Management and Remote Delivery Management based on program needs
Risk Management :
- Ensure appropriate risk management processes and controls with respect to compliance with PFG
standards and Indian Cyber Security Act
- Business continuity plans with respect to processes and people
Cost Management :
- Forecast and budget adherence
- Unit Cost and Staff Welfare management
- Contribution to Organizational Initiatives
1. Understand BU level HLIs and Operational Plans. Participate in BU level initiatives.
2. Understand Principal, Pune long term strategy and contribute towards the Principal, Pune level HLIs.
3. Assist the senior leadership in the communication and Change Management.
- Strong expertise in driving - building, and operating solutions within one or more of the primary public
cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Experience working with Architects related to translate the business need to technical deliverables
- Experience with modernization aspects of Cloud transition and synergize with business
- Experience specifically related to driving Cloud strategy and operations
- Experience with traditional on-prem approaches of modernization ; microservice, Orchestration ; Docker or Kubernetes.
- Develops platform comparisons, detailed cloud platforms comparatives, conducts market research,
provides MSPs comparatives, technical roadmaps for future cloud implementations etc
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels ; engineers to top management
- Ability to catch-up quickly with new Cloud Services.
- Good experience with backups and Disaster Recovery.
- Strong background experience in IT Infrastructure ; Network, Security, Servers, Midrange