Principal Consultant - Renewable Energy & Sustainability (15-20 yrs)
Principal Energy & Sustainability Consultant :
- Promote their Energy reduction service through all existing channels and direct to clients.
- Ensure effective reporting, site contact and client engagement.
- Experience of working on the commercial and financial aspects of renewable energy projects through the complete project development lifecycle.
- Collate new orders pipeline from Sales and Account Management sources.
- Support development of the key elements of Energy reduction service.
- Manage client data to generate benefit and opportunity reports.
- Attend client meeting at head office and at client sites as and when required.
- Alongside your colleagues provide a leadership role within project teams to embed sustainability best practice and promote innovation; this will include engaging with and inspiring teams to embrace sustainability in your own unique way in a range of environments including site visits, workshops, meetings, and problem-solving sessions.
- Support the sustainability coordination of large scale projects driving innovation and monitoring the integration of a broad range of sustainability aspects into design, construction and operation; including designing for performance,
- To work closely with other energy team members and specialist delivery partners to supply specialist consultancy services where required and to support clients
- Support specialists in preparing renewable energy technology feasibility studies
- To ensure that the right technical support services are provided to clients, with timely and high quality outcomes
- Prepare energy and sustainability statements to support planning applications for new developments
- Provide input into the preparation of delivery and operational plans/budgets.
- Monitor and report on plan performance.
- Undertake sustainability appraisals of development projects and produce accompanying reports to be submitted for planning
- Develop and maintain necessary personal networks to stakeholders at different levels that effect the successful development of projects such as public authorities on local, regional and national level as well as environmental groups, industry associations
- Support any marketing activity such as trade fairs and conferences or industry forums.
Skills and Behaviors :
- Strong project/task management skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential;
- Demonstrable, recognized experience in leading new initiatives and a clear commercial approach
- An extensive professional network with the target client base
- Confident public speaking, relationship development and thought leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication essential, including concise and precise report writing.
- Strong analytical skills essential.
- Good team worker and experienced delegator
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing time demands, with strong analytical skills & meticulous attention to detail.
- Possess a strong commercial mindset, with a solid understanding of the renewable energy business
- Strong level of commercial awareness and appreciation for project financial management principles
Educational Requirement :
- University degree (Masters) in a relevant discipline (e.g. in renewable energy, energy efficiency, electrical engineering, finance and economics, applied science, environmental management and engineering)
- A minimum of 15 years of hands on work experience in renewable energy and energy efficiency and capacity development