President/Business Head - Operations - Electric Vehicle Manufacturing Firm (18-30 yrs)
We are looking for proactive, self-starting leader to be part of our clients business. The company is a fast growing Electric Vehicle manufacturing company. This is an exciting role offering exposure to an interesting, dynamic product group and work environment.
Position : President (Business Head)
Location : Mumbai
About The Role :
- The Business Head will be responsible for developing and implementing the organization's strategic plan and driving improvement processes to ensure increased revenue growth and operational success.
- He will oversee all business function including Production, Planning, Quality, Supply Chain, Logistics, Factory Administration, Research & Development, Sales & Marketing, Finance / Accounts, HR, IT and will be responsible to create and implement best practice manufacturing vision, and strategy to aid and improve business performance.
- Managing Top-Line Revenue, Expenses as well as Bottom-Line margins and being fully accountable for the same
- Maintaining a strong command on every element that contributes to either the revenue or expenditure of the business
- Complete ownership & personal responsibility for success or failure of the entire business
- Maintaining awareness of both the external & internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, new customer segments, new markets, new industry developments, upcoming changes in socioeconomic scenario & fiscal policies.
Manufacturing Operations :
- Overall responsibility for Manufacturing activities across the business
- Ensure that manufacturing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Take ownership of the manufacturing policy, guidelines and any associated documents
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative manufacturing processes
- Operate a process for safe selection of external contractors. In conjunction with the Head of Purchasing ensure all external maintenance contracts are regularly reviewed to ensure best value
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety, manufacturing and quality standards and procedures are adhered to
Research & Development:
- Responsible for providing leadership to R&D function to ensure the products are designed, developed and launched as per schedule
- Establishing product development strategy in collaboration with all concerned stakeholders from engineering perspective
- Spearheading Product Lifecycle Management, process planning for new product development, process strategy, test strategy formulation, delivery and sustenance.
- Monitoring the development of product as per marketing requirements within the Timeline, Project & Product cost.
Sales & Marketing :
- Overseeing Sales performance across India & ensuring judicious achievement of target performance month after month.
- Overseeing Aftersales operations covering Body & Paint, Spare Parts, Accessories & Collection items and Warranty administration, while minimizing TAT as well as Customer complaints
- Ensuring healthy level of Sales as well as After Sales Customer Satisfaction Index scores
- Cash Flow Management, Credit Line Management, financial statements (Balance Sheet, taxation, declarations etc) as well as maintaining healthy relations with banking fraternity
- Prepare the annual Manufacturing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards.
- Provide leadership to departments under control and coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions
- Establish strategy and best practices for staff to ensure achievement of overall business objectives. Work with the functional heads to translate strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives including KPIs, and to track them
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organisational structure, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives and customer deliverables
- Provide leadership, coordination and coaching to the team, ensuring they are trained enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their roles
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors / Master's degree in Engineering (preferably Automobile)
- 18+ years of which atleast 5 years' experience in leading full P&L operations required
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment in automotive preferably in EVs
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to establish team, optimise team performance and development.
- Strong cross functional stakeholder management across departments
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills required
- Strong background in driving best practices, improving productivity, and implementing good investment decisions required