Manager-Sourcing at Ad Astra Consultants
Views:806 Applications:104 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Practice Manager/Head - eDiscovery Data Management (12-20 yrs)
Practice Manager/Head E Discovery Data Management
- The Practice Head is responsible for running, managing and scaling the eDiscovery Data Management practice while coordinating and aligning the teams and processes for consistent global service delivery.
- This person will advise functional teams on how to optimally align features and workflows within the context of case-specific constraints and establish best practices to achieve the desired outcomes.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities :
- Enhancing the eDM practice value proposition to provide an end-to-end solution to identified and new target segments
- Develop the Electronic Data Discovery (EDD) capabilities for front end processing and project management
- Scale the Legal Coding proposition
- Implement technology and tools to ensure agility, scalability, risk management, and reporting - through technology partnerships and internal automations
- Building capabilities within the existing eDM practice
- Develop and manage defensible workflows, controls, and procedures
- Plan and organise resources to achieve the goals and objectives of eDM projects and institutionalise program management to meet the needs of evolving technology, business operations and standards
- Lead the practice growth by building on existing relationships and establishing new clients, demonstrating firm's technology, providing supporting documentation, including proposals and cost estimates, regarding our offerings
- Engage in responding to RFPs & RFIs and Client relationship management activities
- Increase revenue on current engagements by identifying opportunities to cross-sell services
- Delivery Management
- Develop solutions, strategies, and workflows to process data, with special considerations for the unique environment and project-specific complexities of an engagement
- Coordinate the deliveries with the functional team to achieve the agreed service level agreements with clients
- Troubleshoot eDiscovery software issues and coordinate custom development work, as necessary.
- Identify and implement process improvements including automation to continuously increase operational efficiency, quality, and scalability.
- Investigate and resolve project complaints as well as facilitate solutions
- Provide periodic status updates and dashboards to external and internal customers.
- Mentor, lead, and delegate tasks to team members to support their training and professional development with the goal of creating team environment that offers challenging opportunities and support to all employees and is poised for continued expansion and success
- Work with business to develop project-specific skill standards
- Lead the culture of service excellence including active training, leadership development, and mentoring programs; ensuring readiness of industry required trained and certified resources.
- Focus on accelerating the development of team by achieving industry standard certifications.
- Strategic Partner Management
- Create technology partnerships with industry standard platforms for delivery of EDD and Legal Coding services
- Liaison with the identified partners to ensure smooth delivery
- Work closely with partners to build the required solutions for the end customer
- Federal Rule of Civil Procedures (FRCP)
- Related international laws
- Financial Health of the Practice
- P&L responsibility
- Analyze the operational ratios viz-a-viz the financial metrics and identify process improvement opportunities
- Ensure that budgets and forecasts are aligned
- Develop and continuously update a concise and cohesive strategic plan
- Ensure proper functioning of receivables management process for eDM practice
- Track the accruals on weekly and monthly basis and devise actionable
- Partner with CFO and Business Unit Head to update and discuss the pending receivables plan and health ratios
Qualifications / Work Experience /Skills :
- Certification on Relativity (skilled or advanced levels) is preferred
- Prefer candidates with onsite experience
- 12-18+ years of eDiscovery experience in a law firm or ALSP, including Electronic Discovery Reference Model, (EDRM), technology, global legal framework, and competitive landscape.
- Minimum experience of 6-8 years in managing eDiscovery operations, with revenue of c. USD 4-5million and a team size of c. 200+ people
- Understanding of the US/ UK legal system
- Experience of setting/ scaling up an eDiscovery team in a fast-growing company striving toward market leadership in an evolving marketplace.
- Have a successful tracking record of managing engagements of all sizes and durations Deep understanding and experience of:
- Legal technology software (like Relativity, RelOne, Nuix, IPRO, Viewpoint, Venio, Ringtail, SaaS based platforms, proprietary solutions) and integrated systems
- Frontend eDiscovery tools
- eDiscovery databases like SQL
- Experience of having led large multi-geography strategic partner contracts for technology products and EDRM services
- Demonstrate ability to develop business with new and existing clients
- Demonstrable and documented track record of predictability, consistency, and the achievement of growth parameters including P&L management
- Strong personal accountability ownership mentality; digs in with urgency and an intention to solve problems; perseveres through challenges while thinking about impact on the business and the team
- Persistent focus on improvement; consistently anticipates the legal competitive landscape and works diligently to help the organization win
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills at all levels, with the ability to flex according to audience