Practice Director - Strategic Consulting/Advisory Research Firm - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (5-10 yrs)
Hiring for Practice Director position for a leading strategic consulting and sourcing advisory research firm focused on strategic IT, business services, and sourcing.
Job Overview :
- Practice Directors should have the capability to lead a service offering and support the creation of new ones. The Practice Director will work across the BPS service line and would be responsible to create new content assets focused on helping large global enterprises and service providers with their technology adoption and technology services transformation strategies.
- The individual should have the capability to deliver analysis and advice to blue chip clients, identify market needs, create thought leadership content, toolkits, and frameworks to support decision-making through advisory projects, written reports, client inquiry, speeches, and other deliverables.
- The candidate must be able to analyse, write, participate actively in the sales cycle, consult, present in front of large and small audiences, work with senior executives, develop complex and compelling scenarios, develop research agendas and work with clients solving strategic outsourcing issues.
Key responsibilities :
- Create actionable insights to solve client problems by evaluating and analyzing information collected through interviews, surveys and statistical analyses
- Collaborate with analysts across the company to deliver research that assists clients with understanding strategic global sourcing issues and market trends
- Work closely with sales team to help in the close and delivery of engagements on issues of strategic sourcing and operations
- Communicate and interact at the executive level with major outsourcing service providers, Private Equity (PE) funds, and recipients of global services, to address their strategic business issues, analyze their offerings, strategy, positioning, and predict the changing dynamics of the market
- Develop a strong external reputation by networking with clients, service providers and analysts, participating in research meetings and other public forums, and publishing leading edge research-based reports, whitepapers and articles
- Manage multiple research and advisory initiatives from business development to client delivery
- Supervise team activities and take an active role in the professional development, growth and mentoring of his/her team members
Education and Experience:
We are seeking a high calibre individual to maintain our exceptional standards. This person should have:
- 5 - 8 years of experience in a professional services/Management Consulting environment
- Experience with a strategy consulting firm is preferred
- Shared services, outsourcing and/or off-shoring industry knowledge/experience is desirable
- Strong executive presence and presentation skills
- Strong relationship orientation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative work style; strong interpersonal and team skills
- MBA from a premier B-school; Top tier engineering school graduates with exceptional background in professional services / management consulting can also be considered
We are an equal opportunity employer. We have a culture of inclusion, and we provide equal opportunities for all applicants and employees, including those with disabilities. We are committed to providing an environment that is free of all discrimination and harassment and to treating all individuals with respect.