Assistant Manager at Porter
Views:2176 Applications:759 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:189
Porter.in - Manager - HR Business Partner (5-8 yrs)
Porter.in - Manager - HR Business Partner
At Porter, we are passionate about improving productivity. We want to help businesses, large and small, optimize their last-mile operations and empower them to unleash the growth of their core functions. Last mile delivery logistics is one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors of the economy with a market cap upwards of 50 billion USD and a growth rate exceeding 15% CAGR.
Porter is the fastest growing leader in this sector with Pan India presence with operations in multiple cities, a fleet size exceeding 1L registered and 30k active driver partners and a customer base with 3.5M being monthly active. Our industry-best technology platform has raised over 150 million USD from investors including Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital, Mahindra group, LGT Aspada,Tiger Global and Vitruvian Partners.
We are addressing a massive problem and going after a huge market. We're trying to create a household name in transportation and our ambition is to disrupt all facets of last mile logistics including warehousing and LTL transportation. At Porter, we're here to do the best work of our lives.
If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast paced work environment, then we believe Porter is the right place for you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- As an HR Business Partner you will play a key role in helping our senior leaders think strategically about people & culture: helping to assess needs & develop solutions in areas such as employee experience, engagement, workforce planning, organisational design, performance management, employee relations, compensation, retention, career development and leadership development.
- You must understand business priorities and translate them into a plan that supports our rapidly growing business, unique culture and company values.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the leadership teams to assess, design and deliver solutions needed to optimize talent and enhance effectiveness including employee experience, engagement, workforce planning, compensation, succession planning and performance management.
- Serve as the HR business partner/ HR SPOC for head office/ customer experience/ all India locations. Strong business acumen, including connecting company objectives, functional goals, and people priorities.
- Develop a deep understanding of your employee group(s), their situations, and, most importantly, their needs to develop mutually defined solutions to problems better - Assess, design, and implement people solutions across functional areas.
- Monitor the "pulse" of employees and develop and execute initiatives to ensure a high level of employee engagement and a positive employee experience.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations when needed.
- Managing & leading internal communications to employee group'(s) team to ensure understanding of people's priorities and buy-in. Assist with onboarding Managers & above, and acquainting them with the company practices, culture and business.
- Partner with our all HR teams (Talent Acquisition, People Operations, Organisation Development, Administration & Facilities, Digitization) to optimize processes & build initiatives to support the maturing of our people programs and HR function as a whole.
- Nurture, protect, and scale our values, and culture through guidance on strategic & tactical HR initiatives.
- 4-8 years experience in Human Resources (at least 5 years prior HR Business Partner experience supporting relevant business units), preferably within the startup space 5+ years advising leadership and creating innovative people solutions.
- Ability to align and connect the organization's vision, mission and values to HR strategies and programs
- Strong working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including organizational design, workforce planning, employee relations, performance acceleration, talent development, compensation, and local employment laws.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate flexibly across all seniority levels, functions, and communication styles.
- Proven track record of effectively coaching on and resolving sensitive employee issues.
- Ability to balance the needs of the company, managers, team members, and practical HR compliance.
- Well-developed project management skills, ability to juggle competing priorities, and attention to detail.