Assistant Manager at Porter
Views:2009 Applications:337 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Porter.in - Manager - Business Finance (2-5 yrs)
Porter.in - Manager - Business Finance
At Porter, we are passionate about improving productivity. We want to help businesses, large and small, optimize their last-mile operations and empower them to unleash the growth of their core functions. Last mile delivery logistics is one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors of the economy with a market cap upwards of 50 billion USD and a growth rate exceeding 15% CAGR.
Porter is the fastest growing leader in this sector with Pan India presence with operations in multiple cities, a fleet size exceeding 1L registered and 30k active driver partners and a customer base with 3.5M being monthly active. Our industry-best technology platform has raised over 150 million USD from investors including Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital, Mahindra group, LGT Aspada,Tiger Global and Vitruvian Partners.
We are addressing a massive problem and going after a huge market. We're trying to create a household name in transportation and our ambition is to disrupt all facets of last mile logistics including warehousing and LTL transportation. At Porter, we're here to do the best work of our lives.
If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast paced work environment, then we believe Porter is the right place for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Candidate Should Have a History Of:
- Preparation and analysis of financial and operational MIS
- Should be on top of numbers and have the ability to read the trends
- Preparation of presentation for Senior Management and Board of Directors
- Confidence and experience in interacting with vertical heads and addressing queries
- Preparation of Budgets / Annual operating plans and understanding the metrics behind the budgets
- Proper cost allocation to various segments and identifying cost optimization opportunities across verticals
- Research on best reporting practices in the industry and implement internally
- Understands the economics, metrics and drivers of costs and share leads on potential opportunities to optimize costs
- Motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
- This role requires working on tight deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will maneuver through ambiguity, communicate effectively and empathetically across teams and levels while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment are key.
What YOU will do:
- Financial forecasting, Reporting, and tracking of operational metrics.
- Gathering business updates on a regular basis and publishing results on a monthly/quarterly basis. Identifying key metrics of each business.
- Monthly preparation of MIS and Segment wise P&L account.
- Preparing EBITDA level statements for separate business streams and charting out journey to the profitability of individual business segments.
- Analyze financial data - and create financial and operating models for supporting decision making.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Ensure maintenance of Data archives for easy consumption whenever required.
- Working closely with Vertical-heads and the Leadership team at Porter.
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular Leadership reviews / Deck for Board meetings.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with the accounting team to question and clarify trends and ensure accurate preparation of MIS and quarterly results.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and quick reference summary dashboards.
- Involvement in due diligence and future fund raise activity / IPO planning.
Qualifications / Skills You will Need (in the order of priority):
- Professional accounting or finance accreditation: CA / MBA / CFA / CIMA with 4-5 years' experience in relevant role.
- Proactive, self-motivated, empathetic, team player.
- Strong analytical, communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Candidates with Due diligence background from Big Five firms will be preferred.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.