Co-Founder at Pocket FM Private Limited
Views:3469 Applications:244 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Pocket FM - Business/Data Analyst (1-4 yrs)
- Pocket FM is a social audio platform for Indian languages where users can find great quality audio shows ranging from audiobooks to self-help content. (Audio is a $15B industry in China and recently Spotify invested $500M in audio space)
- So we are reimagining the traditional radio with a mission to build an internet-scale platform to bring together communities to share stories and spread knowledge.
- Started by IIT Kharagpur and Kanpur alumni, Pocket FM has grown to 1M+ users and more than 10,000 creators in less than 6 months. We are a Series A funded start-up backed by some of the most prominent VCs in India.
- We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst who is passionate about delivering business intelligence that drives building the largest audio platform in India. This team develops strategic insights to further the company's content efforts, with a specific focus on valuation, overall content strategy, and industry intelligence.
- You will be part of the Content Strategy & Analysis team to drive important business decisions across the company. You will work very closely with the Product and Engineering teams and be responsible for providing support and analysis across the breadth of work provided by the team. Think you've got it takes to work harmoniously with us? Send us your resume and cover letter and well see if you can sway to the rhythm of Pocket FM.
1. Preparing valuation analyses (model building, scenario testing, etc.) to support our content teams in their acquisition strategy
2. Building Probabilistic models viz, Monte Carlo methods etc to predict content consumption forecasts and user behavioral insights
3. Conducting market research, tracking and compiling industry trends and competitive analysis
4. Conducting analysis of key business drivers, trends and key performance indicators
5. Ownership of reporting and communications to support our content forecasting process, as well as monitoring and forecasting for key parts of the content business.
5. Creating insightful presentations that summarise analysis and influence decision-making for content teams
6. Compiling thoughtful post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement.
1. 1-4 years of experience in a top consumer internet product in a strategy/business development/analytical role. We are looking for candidates that have worked in a highly-demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed.
2. Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators.
3. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
4. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously
5. High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including strong Excel skills and SQL skills
6. Familiarity with statistical concepts and analysis