Talent Acquisition Lead at Pocket Aces
Views:447 Applications:93 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Pocket Aces - Lead - Legal (5-10 yrs)
About Pocket Aces:
Pocket Aces is India's leading digital media entertainment company, focused on mobile video.
Our vision: To build a data-driven content platform that helps solve boredom for 500 million+ young Indians by providing them with entertainment in multiple formats and different regional languages.
The company operates five socially distributed content brands: FilterCopy (short format videos), Dice Media (multi-episode web series), and Gobble (Lifestyle and food channel), Jambo (young-adult animation shorts) and Nutshell (infotainment videos), a direct-to-consumer platform:Loco (game streaming and e-sports app) and a talent management network: Clout.
The company's socially distributed video network has amassed >12 billion video views with a current run rate of over 500 million monthly views. The company's short-form channels are consistently ranked as the top short video creators in their categories. Dice Media has made some of the most successful long-form digital content, including - Little Things-, - What The Folks- and - Operation MBBS-, and has the highest series renewal rate in the industry. It is also the first new-age creator to have a multi-show deal with the streaming giant, Netflix.
Pocket Aces has worked extensively with large advertisers including PepsiCo, Flipkart, Landmark Group, Marico, Kingfisher, Kotak Mahindra Bank, etc. The company's content has also been syndicated to various OTT platforms such as Ola Play and Reliance Jio, airlines such as Emirates, Jet and Cathay Pacific, cable partners such as Tata Sky, and international platforms such as China's Youku Tudou and Bytedance.
Major investors in Pocket Aces include Sequoia Capital, North Base Media, 3one4 Capital, and the co-founders of India's largest IT services firm, Infosys. In July 2019, the company announced a - 100 crore investment from Sequoia India, DSP Group, and 3one4 Capital, besides other prominent investors.
- Assisting in negotiating, closing legal documents that are part of a fund-raise activity (Debt and Equity)
- Drafting, negotiating and closing high value, customized revenue contracts with OTT platforms
- Standardizing agreements such Artist agreement, Business Development agreement, Vendor agreement, Non-disclosure agreements etc
- Providing general legal advice on business and commercial issues
- Stakeholder Management - Effectively liaising with external counsel and managing internal relationships with teams and business leads
- People Management - Mentoring and coaching direct reportees to ensure they stay engaged and are able to deliver well
- Must have thorough expertise in General corporate matters, Gaming industry rules and all IPR matters (trademark & copyright)