Senior Consultant at Outsized India Pvt Ltd
Views:662 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
PMO Consultant - Oil & Gas Sector - Upstream - Consulting Firm - Contractual Role - IIT/NIT/IIM/ISB (4-15 yrs)
At Outsized, we match clients in financial services and management consulting to high-quality independent consultants and boutique/specialist firms for the execution of their key projects.
Our client, a global consulting firm, is currently involved in a project management and strategic management consulting assignment for an Indian Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Corporation.
They are specifically seeking an experienced professional in the Upstream Oil & Gas sector. The selected consultant will be integrated into the case team and entrusted with various project management responsibilities.
Below summarises the responsibilities of the consultants:
- Project planning, review, monitoring, and control to ensure the timely completion of targets within agreed-upon timeframes and costs. This includes providing exception reports to Senior Management, assessing and building team capabilities, managing risks, and stakeholder engagement.
- Taking ownership of assigned tasks and employing project management frameworks to ensure their effective delivery.
- Presenting findings and recommendations to clients.
- Implementing recommended solutions and providing necessary assistance to the client in executing them.
- Establishing and maintaining effective governance and controls, including reporting, budget management, risk and issue management.
- Collaborating with the broader the case team, including Partners, to manage the overall project module.
- Demonstrating effective communication skills and managing relationships with senior stakeholders.
An ideal candidate would have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the Oil and Gas Upstream sector, with a background in Project Management within O&G upstream service companies, EPC companies, operators, or project management consultancies.
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering from a Tier 1 Institute or an MBA graduate from a Tier 1 Institute.
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills, as the role will involve daily interactions with business unit heads.
This is a contractual opportunity with an initial 9 months contract. The selected consultant will have to travel to a Tier-2 city in India on a weekly basis with the rest of the case team.