Manager - Talent Acquisition at Play Games24x7
Views:840 Applications:201 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Play Games24x7 - Head - Risk Management/Responsible Play/Payments (5-8 yrs)
- Games24x7 was one of the first entrants in the gaming industry in 2006, when India started showing the first signs of promise for online gaming. We turned profitable by 2010 in just four years and grew 200x in the next decade. We are a technology powered analytics and data science company that happens to love games!
- In 2018-19, the mobile games market in India generated over $600 million in revenues. With close to 450 people in its Mumbai and Bangalore offices, Games24x7 is India's largest mobile games business today and is very well positioned to become the 800-pound gorilla of what will be a $2 billion market by 2022. While Games24x7 continues to invest aggressively in its India centric mobile games, it is also diversifying its business by investing in international gaming and other tech opportunities.
Summary of Role :
Position : Head - Risk Management, Responsible Play and Payments
Risk Management :
- Play Games24x7 seeks to provide its players with the best possible rummy experience in the world. In order to achieve that aim, it is critical that the trustworthiness and integrity of www.RummyCircle.com be maintained at all times. Play Games24x7 ensures this by proactively detecting and preventing fraud or any other activity which is in violation of our Terms of Service on the website. We are the pioneers of fraud prevention and detection in the online skill games industry in India and while this industry is growing by leaps and bounds, Play Games24x7 has always been at the forefront in setting standards for risk management through its advanced technological and operational initiatives.
Responsible Play :
- Game Prudence is a responsible gaming initiative undertaken by us. To the best of our effort, we want to build it as an institution that is center purely for problem gamers, much like Gamcare in the UK. This helps in player being comfortable in sharing his RG issues to a body having expertise in the field of psychology rather than to the operator directly.
- Payment Analytics, where volumes are huge, data is split across services, and the market is opaque and ever-changing. It can be optimized to generate more revenue and reduce costs. It requires defining and owning up the metrics of payments- both deposits and withdrawals. Continuous improvements, optimization and exploring new payment engagements/ features are needed to ensure player delight while depositing and withdrawing real cash.
Responsibilities include :
- Head the teams of Analytics and Risk operations, with their individual leads directly reporting to you.
- Build strategies and operating processes which will eventually become industry benchmarks in the payments & risk management space
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activities relating to but not limited to player authenticity verification, KYC, multiple ids, money laundering and collusion
- Work closely with Product and Technology teams to build or improve effective payments, risk management and fraud detection systems and tools. Give feedback on new product or marketing initiatives as regards the impact on player and company risk
- Develop and evaluate various metrics and corresponding reporting framework to measure the effectiveness of the processes and procedures
- Design, develop, upgrade and implement Standard Operating Procedures for the payments and risk management team
- Lead, coach and manage the analytics and operations team for the vertical
- Maintain a fair playing environment on www.rummycircle.com and www.my11circle.com by ensuring proper implementation and execution of all risk management systems and processes
Minimum Job Qualifications :
- Experience of 5 to 7 years in the field of Analytics and Payments & Fraud Risk Management.
- Involvement in/exposure to putting strategic initiatives in place - Payments, Responsible Play and Risk Initiatives
- Must have working knowledge of database tools
- Must have experience working with and analysing data - a data-driven and analytical mindset is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to deal with conflicts and confrontations
- Experience in team building and mentoring of subordinates within the risk management department is a must
- Strong ability to deliver with minimal resources and supervision
- Highly reliable team player with an excellent work ethic
- Imaginative, motivated and able to work effectively under pressure
- A graduate or post graduate degree (analytical/science/mathematics degree) from a reputed college
- Fluent in English with excellent writing and communication skills
Location : Mumbai