Talent Partner at Human Context
Views:2121 Applications:46 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Plant Quality Assurance Head - Consumer Durable (16-20 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION - QA Head
1. BASIC ROLE DETAILS
Division/ Department: Fans QA
This Role Reports to: Fans PL Head & Head Corp. QA / Mfg. Excellence
This Role Supervises Executives in a role of - Customer Support, Incoming Quality Assurance, In-house Quality Assurance, Product Sourced Quality Assurance.
2. PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To improve Product Quality, Process Quality and Customer Satisfaction
3. IDEAL PROFILE
Educational Qualification Essential: Graduate Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Mechanical Engineer, certified Black Belt
Work Experience Required (In yrs.) Total: 16-20 Years
(Relevant experience):10 -12 yrs
Post Qualification experience: 16 - 20 years
Other, Relevant Direct Skills Exposure to Black Belt and Quality audits
4. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities (Indicate Key Deliverables for this position)
- Build QA strategy and its deployment till Improvement Project level. Develop Monthly Score card and strong review mechanism.
- Build strong statistical problem-solving approach within QA team.
- Continuously interact with Plant & Suppliers to work upon improving Product & Process Quality to improve Customer Satisfaction.
- Understand & Analyze Customer Escalations and provide feedback to Plant & Suppliers as well as R&D.
- Analyze Cost of Poor Quality in terms of Rejections & Non-Moving Items and suggest corrective actions.
- Carry out Warranty Failure Analysis and provide feedback to R&D, Reliability & Plant Teams.
- Deploy Daily work management (DWM) and improve Process capability of the processes.
- Set up Quality Standards & Systems in coordination with Plant, R&D and Reliability Teams. Strengthen Process, Product and System Audits
- Set up process for assessing quality of Bought Out Items thru Local & International Vendors and methods for continuous improvements. Carry out SQP audits at all vendors. Handhold to achieve and sustain expected scores. Develop Vendor score card and review mechanism.
- PPAP implementation at vendor end.
- Fans Corporate Quality
- Carry out Branches and Customer visits to understand Customer well.
- Analyse Corporate Escalations & provide feedback to R&D, Reliability & plant Teams.
- Strengthen QMS and ensure Quality Certifications
- Active participation in OpEx Program
- Drive Six Sigma Programs
5. KEY INTERACTIONS External/Internal
With Whom Brief Description (Frequency & Nature of Interaction)
External Customers, Quality Certification Agencies, Vendors, Suppliers and Dealers Frequency Need Based
Nature of Interaction :
Internal Group Head, Divisional Head, Functional Head, Employees Frequency Need Based
6. KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (Technical & Behavioural)
1. Analytical Skills
2. Knowledge of State of the Art Quality
3. Six Sigma Certification & Process Methodology
4. Audit Skills
b. BEHAVIORAL Strategic Thinking
- Enabling Change
- Managing and Developing People
- Working in Teams
- Customer Focus
- Effective Decision Making
- Execution Excellence
- Drive and Passion
- Managing Relationships
7. WORKING CONDITIONS (PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMAND)
Office environment with frequent travel to locations on need basis
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.