Consultant at Michael Page
Views:2020 Applications:70 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Plant Head - Printing & Packaging Firm (15-30 yrs)
Who should apply:
Only candidates with 15+ years manufacturing experience in printing to apply
Only candidates who are currently plant heads should apply
Only candidates willing to relocate to South India to apply
About our client:
Our client, a renowned packaging company is a leading manufacturer for packaging for major FMCG and other clients. Currently they are looking for a plant head for one of their units located in South India.
Reporting into the COO and managing a team of 7-8 direct reportees, you will be responsible for:
1. Ensuring timely manufacturing and delivery of products as per defined quality standards and drive unit profitability so as to achieve business goals at optimum cost
2. Ensuring optimal utilisation of all resources, proper upkeep of all assets and efficiency and safety in all manufacturing operations and for ensuring a conducive work environment in the Plant Leading and developing the operational team at the plant
3. Being the site head and holding responsibility for all statutory compliances and ensuring the company's values and standards are complied with in the site
4. Ensuring production commitments - volume and contribution margins and efficiency in operations - Machine and capacity utilization
5. Planning and budgeting for the annual business of the unit - in terms of volumes, EBITDA, expansion plans, manpower projections, new process initiatives etc.
6. Networking and maintaining good relations and constant communication with Unions, local government and regulatory authorities to ensure smooth functioning of all plant activities
7. Driving the productivity improvement initiatives, process improvement initiatives and cost cutting measures
8. Preparing unit maintenance plan in consultation with the production & engineering team
9. Defining and ensuring perfect state of unit assets through preventive and corrective maintenance of all equipment and driving the productivity improvement initiatives, process improvement initiatives and cost cutting measures
10. Ensuring all statutory, legal and procedural requirements are consistently complied with and maintaining safety, health and environmental policies and procedures for the unit and ensuring that adequate systems to track and report all plant activities and ensuring the required MIS operate smoothly
11. Allocating and managing staff resources according to capability of team members and creating an environment that fosters innovation and creativity at the plant by facilitating Kaizen and value engineering
12. Monitoring and controling the operational and capex budgets to ensure that all financial and business objectives are met
13. Monitoring and accounting for inventory of raw materials, engineering spares, finished goods etc. and ensuring accuracy of material disbursement for production
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you are an engineer with a total of 15+ years of work experience in printing and packaging industry. You should have good knowledge of printing process. You should possess good communication skills, interpersonal skills and leadership skills. You should have an excellent track record in your earlier professional stint and should be ready for the next challenging assignment.
What's on Offer:
Excellent work culture
Opportunity to work for a fast growing organization
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.