Head - Recruitment at HR Potential Search
Views:1954 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Plant Controller - Costing - Manufacturing Firm (5-10 yrs)
Organisation : A leading Global Manufacturer located at Orgadam, Sriperumbudur, Chennai
Job responsibilities :
1. Plant Controlling :
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Participate in the month-end and year-end close process within the Accounting and Finance team
- Work with the Region Controller to perform SKU wise profitability analysis and focus on profitability improvement for decisions cost-wise
2. Partner with Plant Manager :
- To drive cost reduction program in the plant (Process improvement Program)
- To perform cost variation analysis and define action plan to recover losses
- Monitor and review all plant performance KPI
3. Partner with Plant IE manager :
- To control headcount (ensure review and control)
- To work with IE to define areas of improvement in cost thru productivity
- Align the cycle time improvements to the cost calculation accurately
- Align the headcount numbers to payroll numbers reported by HR.
4. Partner with R&D Controller & PI Manager :
- To ensure proper setup and mapping of new products in SAP.
- Monitor and review project financials KPI status post implementation (Ramp up phase).
- Challenge the Plant PI on optimizing the prototyping cost.
5. Partner with SCM Controller/ Logistics Manager :
- Review and monitor stock ageing and inventory level
- Optimization of warehouse operational cost
- Liaise with Purchasing on the possible cost reduction in Indirect Material, Spares and Stores.
- Highlight and track material price variance to management for cost optimization possibility.
6. Investment Controlling :
- Preparation of Capital Requests and assurance of accurate Investment Controlling
- Tracking and reporting obsolete assets to Management in proactive manner
- Post completion Audit of projects together with Project Controller to reap maximum benefit.
7. General :
- Ensure compliance with all relevant policies, procedures or guidelines provided by Corp. Controlling.
- Process review and optimization with related business functions.
- Ensure dashboard preparation and presentation to management on monthly / quarterly basis with relevant financials KPIs (Plant projects, Cost centre etc.)
- Sharing of best practice between Plant Controllers, facilitated by Corporate Controlling
8. Stakeholders :
- Internal - R&D Controlling, Quality, IE, Purchasing, Manufacturing Technology, Corp. Controlling, Corp. Strategy, (SCM)
- External - Vendors