HR at Transhill Management Services
Views:341 Applications:99 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:95
Plant Commercial Head - Fertilizer (15-20 yrs)
Leading Fertilizer Company
- Planning and execution of all processes related to Plant Commercial, covering raw-material imports, procurement of indigenous materials, procurement of packing materials, filler, third party storage and logistics, risk mitigation, new vendor development, liaisoning with various agencies, trading activity, meeting the internal requirements in line with the annual business plan of the Company and complying with rules laid down by Government on Excise & Customs and providing timely inputs and preparation and sharing of unit Commercial MIS reports for Head Office.
The position is accountable for the following :
a) Assessment of inventory in the Plant and plan for further procurement of raw-materials, packing materials and filler.
b) Facilitating shipping related activities viz., vessel confirmation, planning for berthing and monitoring of discharge
c) Arranging inputs for LC, Insurance and statutory payments
d) Bill processing and vendor payments
e) Clearances from statutory authorities like Customs, Central Excise and Port.
f) Development of new vendors.
g) Generation of other income.
h) Co-ordination for trading activities.
It is critical to the operations of the plant as it provides inputs for plant functioning. Any delay in decision or activities of Commercial will affect the plant production, non-availability of product in the market, piling up of costly inventory and demurrage on vessels.
- Raw material planning, procurement and inventory control
- Vessel scheduling and shipping activities
- Procurement of packing materials (bags) and Filler
- Liasioning with suppliers and shipping agents, statutory authorities like Customs and Central Excise and Port
- MIS Reporting and Liasioning with Corporate Office for establishment of LC, payment to suppliers and marine insurance
- Co-ordination with other department heads for raw material receipt and movement
- Engineering Graduate or graduate with Business Management background.
- 15-20 Years Experience in similar function. Knowledge in shipping, vendor management, sourcing, negotiation, costing, logistics and public relation or liaison.