Principal Consultant at CKS Associates
Views:1037 Applications:314 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Planning Manager - FMCG (10-15 yrs)
Planning Manager - FMCG
Job Description :
- The Planning Manager is a key member of the Plant Planning and Logistics team and will be responsible for Supply Planning and Business Continuity Plan execution to ensure continuity of supply. As Coca- Cola system in India is growing at a faster pace and new launches are leading growing complexity, this role holds responsibility of managing capacity efficiently and ensuring desired inventory levels applying supply chain principles to meet business requirement.
- This role interacts very closely with key stakeholder like CPS east Shared Services Material Management team, Product Portfolio team, Business Unit Supply Chain team, Plant Production team, CBO and FBO planning teams.
- The role closely works with CBO and FBO teams to collaborate on making sure that the 13 weeks rolling forecast is made available timely and discussed in monthly S&Op routine to firm up monthly supply plan. The role further is responsible for collaborating with the Master Scheduler to ensure that weekly schedules are drawn and agreed among the planning and production team to ensure best possible plant capacity utilization.
- The role is expected to proactively tracks the trends on plant work center utilization quarterly Demand Supply Reconciliation is carried out to ensure necessary capacity and resources interventions are proposed. The role is responsible for Rough Cut Capacity Planning annually basis the strategic business plan is shared by the Business Unit.
- The role is responsible for working closely with Shared Services Product Portfolio team on commercialization of new products by accessing impact of new launches on available capacity and work closely with plant team to propose inputs to the commercialization team.
- The role is expected to manage planning process and related analytics by efficient use of features offered by ERP system and constantly look out for opportunities to add value through digitization.
- The role is responsible for working closely with Shared Services Supply team to ensure that the plant Business Continuity Plan is always ready and the plan testing for readiness is done annually.
- Lead the Monthly Sales & Operations Planning review meeting, highlighting critical business issues and bottlenecks that may potentially impact the achievement of the Master Plan and overall plant objectives.
- Define and drive towards optimal plant inventory levels for Raw Materials and Finished, taking into consideration complexities in volume, product portfolio, shelf-life and mandated stock levels; while minimize inventory at risk
- Ensure that contingency supply points have all the necessary information (labels, formulas) required for the activation of contingency procedures whenever required
- Define and implement Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Enterprise Risk Management to ensure there are well developed and tested plans and solutions in place
- Measure actual supply chain key metrics performance vs. goals on a regular basis and present strategies for improvement and sustainability.
- Propose year on year productivity improvements, in order to optimize the concentrate supply and distribution process.
Key Skills / Critical Experiences :
- Sound understanding of end to end Supply Chain operations.
- Aptitude to understand of diverse manufacturing operations / processes / technologies
- Ability to work with large sets of complex data
- Business Acumen and understanding of basic supply chain finance
- Hands on experience of operating ERP tools like SAP MM, APO
- Awareness of planning tools like JDA or comparable.
- Ability to work with large variety of stakeholders within and outside India in a multinational environment
- Leadership and Team abilities
- Goal Orientation & Ability to thrive under pressure
- Must have managed a complex product portfolio with large number of SKUs
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE : 10+ years supply chain and operational leadership roles in manufacturing operations in food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry. Must have handled multiple roles in Manufacturing and supply planning, customer service.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS : Bachelors Degree