Director - HR&OD at Plan International India
Views:18316 Applications:719 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:331
Plan International India - Deputy Director - Marketing & Fundraising (15-20 yrs)
Job Title : Director - Marketing & Fundraising
Reporting to : Executive Director
Function : Marketing & Fundraising
Location : New Delhi
Contract : Full Time-Onsite
Level of Contact with Children: 2 - Sporadic or occasional contact with children
The position holder shall be responsible to adhere & work within the ambit of Plan India's Safeguarding & Gender Equality Policies.
Travel Requirement : 20-30%
SUMMARY OF THE OVERALL JOB
Provide strategic leadership to Plan India's Marketing and Fundraising portfolio as a member of the Country Management Team (CMT). This position is primarily responsible for developing and implementing the strategy for expanding the Fundraising & Brand building towards enhancing the recognition and reinforcing the image of the Plan India in line with Plan's vision, mission, values & strategic objectives.
The position is also responsible for Leading the media, PR as well as programme and donor communication portfolio for enhancing Plan's brand recognition as a leading development sector organization.
KEY FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
STRATEGY & BUDGETS
- To develop a fully integrated strategy for the Marketing & Fundraising function in line with the current Country Strategic Plan (CSP) objectives
- To drive the fundraising in line with our vision for development and implementation of the thematic areas and strategy.
- To provide inspiring leadership in the implementation of the fundraising strategy for HNI/UHNI, Individual, Digital, Fundraiser Events and other sources of Fundraising.
- To review with the team members periodically and modify operational plans to meet annual fundraising targets and do course correction.
- To lead on the annual budgeting for the growth of income sources and departmental expenses and drive adherence to this budget.
- Ensure value for money in all investments for marketing and raising funds for Plan India.
- MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- To lead on the conceptualisation and design of the Marketing Strategy in line with the Country Strategy of Plan India, to deliver on the articulated targets.
- Ensure that the website is used effectively as an organizational tool for marketing and positions Plan India well, for various donor and stakeholders.
- To provide steer and guidance to digital media activities & campaigns for marketing.
- To support the Communication team in preparing the social media editorial calendar to be followed for managing Plan India's social media channels
- To guide the process of content development and communication through the Plan India's website and ensure that all web based content is in line with the organisation's brand and communication strategy
- To ensure that all digital marketing activities comply with applicable laws at all times, including compliance with Data protection legislation and Safeguarding policy
- To lead on Competitor Analysis and incorporate best practises in Plan's marketing strategy.
- To recommend suggestions to increase the traffic volume on Plan India's pages and improve overall presence of Plan India
- To design new ways to position Plan India and ensure we are able to reach the target audience for better marketing.
- To increase the visibility of Plan India and provide necessary support to position it as a leading organisation working for child/girls rights
- To network & initiate meetings with the senior management teams (such as CXOs) of potential corporate organizations to build partnership.
- To represent Plan India in different corporate forums and events, CSR seminars and conferences, nationally and internationally ,to network and with prospective corporates and PSUs and improve the visibility of the organizations.
- To guide the creation of high-value/impact proposals and concept notes as per donor requirements and provide feedback
- To review and sign-off the final proposal to be sent to the donors.
- INDIVIDUAL FUNDRAISING (IFR)
- To design the Individual Fundraising strategy to ensure business development & build business case for growth and experience.
- To oversee the implementation of the donor acquisition strategy for both Generic IFR and Local Sponsorships to meet the acquisition targets for each of these segments
- To set the annual fundraising targets from individual donors, including from local sponsors, major donors or generic individual donors, in consultation with the teams.
- Weekly monthly MIS Dashboard for ED.
Individual Fundraising & Retention
- To support and guide the process for scanning new fundraising opportunities/ avenues from Individual donors/ local sponsors to fund Plan's programmes
- To participate in internal cross-functional meetings/ discussions within Plan India to brainstorm on ideas and opportunities to raise funds and local sponsorships from Individual donors. Learning from international experience to expand child sponsorshipin India.
- To analyze monthly MIS reports on various quantitative parameters such as conversion rates, total funds received per member per month, sponsorships received, etc. and provide feedback to the IFR team
- To share insights and develop processes for improving donor retention rate and wallet share of the existing donors of Plan India
- To build the fundraising strategy & Operational Plan of the digital fundraising portfolio and enhance the reach of digital fundraising for Plan India by designing innovative marketing campaigns and reaching into new digital avenues for fundraising
- To oversee media planning and probono support for current and new campaigns for targeted fundraising and enhance the impact and reach of these campaigns.
- To provide leadership & support to the team to meet target reach strategy & Operational Plan.
Major Donors, Sponsorship & Events
- To oversee the planning and management of fundraising events for major donors/local sponsors/generic individual donors and suggest methods to improve the reach and impact of such events
- To oversee and support long term relationship building with the Major Donors to ensure ongoing/continuous support for Plan India programmes
- To provide leadership to international sponsorship communication to ensure ongoing/continuous support for Plan India sponsorship programme.
- To guide the conceptualization and creation of digital strategy & products with the various fundraising teams and other functions in the organisation as per the articulate needs
- To oversee the process of content development and communication through the Plan India's website and ensure that all web based content is in line with the organisation's branding and communication strategy
- To oversee the plan of digital media activities & campaigns on weekly basis and approve the content to be put on website/ social media
MAJOR DONORS & EVENTS:
- Conception, planning and execution of all fundraising events in tandem with Director - Fundraising.
- To oversee the planning and management of fundraising events for major donors and suggest methods to improve the reach and impact of such events
- To identify opportunities and facilitate the creation of partnerships for events and campaigns in order to mobilize resources from HNI's and manage relationships.
- Manage relationships and engagements with key patrons and celebrities for endorsements.
- To participate in selection process of vendors/ agencies for various initiatives such as Event Management, Campaigning, etc. as required
- In collaboration with Fundraising team, develop branding as well as marketing and communication strategy for each event.
- To support long term relationship building with the Major Donors to ensure ongoing/continuous support for Plan India programmes
- To devise, design and implement PR strategy nationally for Plan India with clear focus on Regional Media, showcasing our presence & impact in our geographies.
- Hiring & Managing the PR agency for desired Output.
- Network with the media across all communications channels for Plan coverage
- Ensure presence of Plan India at events, conferences, and speaking engagements of National and Global significance
LEADERSHIP FOR PLAN INDIA
- As a member of the CMT, to provide strategic leadership to Plan India and participate in key decision making meetings for the organization
- To act as a signing authority for joint decisions made by the CMT as well as for documents/cheques, as required
- To develop, mentor and support team members for successfully acquiring donors and delivering quality donor servicing
- To facilitate the team by efficiently managing the performance of staff reporting directly
- To strengthen inter-team communication, engender good team dynamics and resolve internal issues as required
- To conduct performance appraisal of the team members and recognise good performance.
- To coordinate with the HR department for Recruitment and for OD interventions.
- Expertise in communication, fundraising and excellent networking
-Understanding of wealth management and networking skills.
- Must have a good understanding of the digital marketing and social media
- Good understanding of financial management and cash flows
- Confident in public speaking and managing relationships at all levels.
- Proven track record in branding and communications at senior level management.
- Team management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
Education: Graduation, MBA
Experience: 15 - 20 years of relevant experience
Compensation and Employment:
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please visit our website www.planindia.org