PhonePe - Manager - Litigation (5-12 yrs)
1. To set up a strong, proactive and effective litigation prevention and resolution function with customer interest at the centre.
2. To set up a strong IPR practise - trademark /copyright registration, monitoring and protection
3. Develop a PAN India legal reach program for effective resolution of cases - consumer, civil and criminal.
1. Merchant / Partner - recoveries /claim management as per contracts (Drafting Notices/Replies to third parties)
2. Legal support in case of detention/police custody/ filing FIR/others of employees on the ground (feet on street across the country) - ability to advise on legal strategy and action for on ground support for timely legal resolution.
3. Develop a training program and preventive strategy in order to resolve disputes before it turns into an FIR, police complaint or a litigation/case.
4. Empanelment of the right set of law firms with PAN India presence for litigation, notice and complaint handling.
5. Application for Trade-Mark, Copyright, filing oppositions, monitoring and assessment program of Company IPR. Executing infringement action directly or through law firms, attending to all court matters directly or through law firms. Coordination and briefing/discussion with external lawyers or legal firms, reviewing submissions, petitions, replies, documents prepared by lawyers. Negotiate law firm contract terms including TATs, reporting updates etc.
6. Support in property due diligence/ title search opinions and guidance.
7. Creation and maintaining of a Litigation tracker with Mgmt dashboard and reporting for one view of litigation risk map across the organisation.
8. Support to the HR department to handle employee related disputes /claims and employment related issues.
9. Provide expert & strategic legal advice on various aspects of business to management with litigation prevention, effective resolution and customer centricity at the core.
10. Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action, ability to anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically, identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate litigation risk.
Ideal Candidate :
1. LL.B / LLM
2. Minimum 5-12 years post-qualification experience with the right mix of self or firm /court practise and as in-house legal counsel in the financial services sector, payments industry (right exposure in civil, labour laws, criminal areas and IPR infringement matters).
3. FMCG industry or other distribution company experience would be considered in case multi branch/city level customer, distributor litigation experience can be demonstrated.
4. Have strong written communication and oratory skills. Good in drafting legal documents and interpretation of statutes
Expectations other than qualification & technical experience :
i. Committed and ready to work under constraints/ pressure.
ii.Ready to travel with a sense of urgency and approach to address legal issues.
iii. Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives, excellent knowledge and understanding of civil, criminal and corporate law & procedures
iv.Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
v.Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
vi. High degree of professional ethics and integrity, Excellent judgement and analytical skills, good interpersonal skills -
vii.Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to - see around the corner-
Salary offered: 10-25LPA