Pepper Content - Senior Accountant - CA (5-9 yrs)
Pepper (www.peppercontent.in) is building India's largest content marketplace that brings companies and content creators together to scale up content creation processes across 10 content verticals and 150+ content categories, 40+ content verticals, and 40+ global languages. Over the past 3 years, we- ve worked with brands like Adobe, upGrad, Swiggy, Dunzo, BusinessWorld, Digit, Shiksha.com, Rapido, BookMyShow, UrbanClap, Yatra, Bewakoof, YourStory, Bharat Matrimony, and 300+ other brands. We have over 30,000+ writers and graphic designers who have applied to Pepper so far, who form part of the - Pepper Cloud- .
- We are on the path to building a global on-demand content marketplace platform that allows for collaboration, discovery and upskilling for all our creators. Now we are in a rapid expansion phase to enter into more content service offerings, engage a wide spectrum of content creators and at the same time, scale up our existing services.
We're looking for someone who is enthusiastic, comfortable with uncertainty, flexible, great with people, and isn- t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn, and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
Job Brief :
- We are looking for someone to manage the accounts and finance department at Pepper Content. This person will closely work with the Head of Finance and another accountant to set up strong finance processes and workflows in the organization and ensure there is financial hygiene, implementation of a process-driven approach towards compliances, and accounting. This person will be instrumental in ensuring strong cash flow maintenance as well.
- Responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the general ledger, and preparing month-end close procedures.
- Ensure accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller, Accounting Supervisor, chief or senior accountant
- Timely filing of EPF, TDS, GST, and income tax assessments and filing of various forms, returns, etc. required under various statutes
- Coordinate with Accounting Partners and prepare all the legal contracts with distributors and B2B partners
- Coordinate annual Audits and ensure 100% audit complied
- Maintaining Purchase Register, Sales Register, Bank Book & Ledger Book in Tally.
The ideal candidate must have :
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Having 2+ years (Analyst) and 4+ years' (Senior Analyst), experience in performing - Assistant Accountant/Finance Assistant functions for a medium to large commercial organization
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with the finance team to achieve section objectives
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks