Peel-Works - Supply Chain Head (15-20 yrs)
About us :
Peel-Works is a technology company transforming general trade in India. Our goal is to modernise how grocery is bought and sold every day. We do this using our deep knowledge of the retail supply chain, by leveraging key partnerships in procurement, fulfilment and logistics, and by offering cutting-edge technology products to fulfil various parts of this value chain. This is where you come in.
Headquartered in Mumbai, with our innovation centre located at Bangalore, Engineering Hub at Pune and Business offices at Delhi and Chennai, we believe that our diversity is what gives us the edge. We have people with different industry backgrounds and experience, all working tirelessly towards the same goal - revolutionising how general trade is done in India. You will be part of a high-velocity, high-achieving team working on cutting-edge technologies to solve complex challenges in this ecosystem.
Our portfolio of products is as diverse as our people. It includes Taikee - a B2B eCommerce Platform that generates an annualized Rs.1500 Cr in GMV. Athena Insights - And Analytics platform for CPGs, and Athena PoS - a mobile & desktop-based Point of Sale Platform.
Skills & Competencies
- This position is responsible for planning and overseeing all activities related to PAN India fulfillment operations
- He/ She develops an annual operating plan for fulfillment aligned with company goals and is responsible for annual forecasting and budgeting of the function.
- Monthly and daily planning of fulfillment requirements and execution to meet the targets set-out to ensure on-time deliveries, reduce pendency and cancellations within the permitted budget
- Reduce fulfillment costs as a % of sales every month through fleet and capacity optimization
- Ensure adoption of appropriate technology to provide real-time visibility into fulfilment fleet and operations, improve efficiency and increase insights for business to grow business and reduce costs
- He/She should understand how various systems interact with each other for fulfillment of business requirements and provide inputs wherever technology enablement is required (mainly, with respect to logistics).
- He/She maintains a close working relationship with all business functions to ensure cross-functional collaboration and efficient Logistics functioning.
- He/She needs to work with both in-house teams and outsourced agencies to meet the required efficiency norms and SLA. He/ She is responsible to manage, coach and train the team and provide on-going career development guidance to the team members.
- He/She is accountable for compliance to the guidelines and rules both internal (company guidelines) and external (tax laws, legal/ regulatory laws) and accountable for any artefacts/ processes needed for the same. He/She would also be accountable for the governance of any 3PL player managing operations on the company's behalf.
Preferred knowledge & Experience-
- Education - Preference for degrees or diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Mgmt
- Industry - Ecommerce, FMCG, Retail distribution, Logistics
- Location - Mumbai, Bangalore, Gurgaon
- Experience - 15+ years of running fulfilment and distribution for an emerging, fast growing company