Senior Manager Talent Acquisition at Pearson
Views:738 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Pearson - Deputy Manager - Legal - LLB (4-5 yrs)
Pearson Education is an integrated educational services company providing high quality content, Technology and services to schools, colleges and professional training organizations across the subcontinent. It covers 10,000 of the top schools in the country, providing textbooks, digital content, teacher training and Assessments and International Qualification.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum 4 - 5 Years of experience;
2. Graduate (LLB Graduates); should have worked in a Law firm or practiced for at least 2+ years;
3. Should have professional legal competency in all legal areas but primarily focused on litigation.
4. The candidate should be a strong team player and should have the willingness and flexibility to work with other members of legal department. The candidate should have strong leadership and inter-personal skills.
5. Should be in a position to articulate issues comprehensively and clearly. The Candidate should be able to handle all the litigation matters of the Company independently.
1. The candidate will be responsible for advising and assisting in litigation matters. In addition advice and work on corporate, division or business unit matters on a need be basis.
2. Responsibility will include review, interprets and counsels on relevant local laws, court rulings, policies and practices, business conduct guidelines and ethics. Be the point of contact for litigation matters. Drafts and reviews court petitions, rejoinders, witness statements etc. and also travel to courts to attend to court matters.
3. Advice on regulatory matters, strategic issues and assist in maintaining a strong compliance posture of business.
4. Handle claims against the company, and assists with the preparation for litigation or arbitration proceedings queries from regulator including the coordination of efforts by corporate staff and outside counsel.
5. Develops ongoing and future strategies to avoid potentially damaging legal situations regarding contractual matters, product development, marketing strategies, etc. which often involves working closely with internal management teams and in-house counsels representing other countries to ensure appropriate implementation.
6. Drafting of business agreements, service agreements, property related agreements, Franchisee agreements. Negotiating, drafting and execution of all commercial and business contract;
7. Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.