PayMate - Credit Officer/Credit Manager (5-8 yrs)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer/Chief Financial Officer
Basic Function: The credit manager position is accountable for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
1. Maintain a department organizational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives
2. Properly motivate the credit and collections staff
3. Measure department performance with appropriate metrics
4. Provide for ongoing training of the credit staff
5. Manage relations with collection agencies
6. Manage relations with credit reporting agencies
7. Manage relations with the sales department
1. Maintain the corporate credit policy
2. Be conversant with the role played by technology in evaluating credit and help the tech team to develop a Technology based Lending Platform based on various parameters required for the same. Ideally should have worked in a financial institution which has used technology to evaluate credit applications.
3. Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management
4. Make sure all the credit policies are followed in all transactions that take place in their department
5. Create a credit scoring model
6. Manage customer credit files
7. Monitor the credit granting and updating process
8. Accept or reject the staff's credit recommendations
9. Make sure that the defaulters pay up by sending letter to their homes reminding them of the loan
10. Personally manage and monitor the major customer credit applications
11. Personally be in touch with the major customers to establish relations
12. Monitor real time credit reviews
13. Monitor deductions being taken by customers
14. Manage the application of late fees
15. Manage the corporate financing program
5+ years of credit experience. Bachelor's degree in business and experience with credit scoring systems preferred. Have a thorough knowledge of credit-related laws. Be willing to periodically travel to customer sites. Have considerable experience with customer negotiations.
Works in a fast-paced office environment. Expected to travel to customer locations on short notice to conduct negotiations. Occasional overtime may be necessary.
Supervises: Credit analyst staff