Patent Research Manager/Senior Patent Research Manager - Electronics Domain (6-12 yrs)
Location: Bangalore, India
Hours of Work: Full time, 5 days a week
Business Domain: PSA Hi-Tech/ Electronic Domain
Reports to: Director
Reported By : A group of Patent Engineers in Patent Search & Analytics function
The Practice Manager/Sr. Manager Patent Search & Analytics will primarily responsible for people management and service delivery for US & EP patent search and analytics functions in various technological segments such as electronics, communication, microprocessor, software, information technology, semiconductor technology, etc.
Job Objective :
- Demonstrate an expertise on a group of processes at business and high level of technical competence from qualification/ experience. Help the team with process and technology specific supervision on the specific technology and project guidance. Have excellent knowledge of US and EP patent laws and deliver work with minimal supervision.
1. Coach, train and mentor a practice group or technology business sub-group independently
2. Run and manage project, client, team, business, process specific parameters and share the dashboards on performance with stakeholders
3. Run effective proposals and find/ fix revenue leakages/ scope creeps to bridge the client expectations and team efforts
4. Responsible for overall quality, time upkeep, profit by deliverables of the team
5. Develop and execute knowledge center, process expertise, quality check model
6. Work with technical specialists and technical resources to align the client/ project requirements with deliverables
7. Communicate with clients directly and convert requirement documents in proposals and in turn work deliverables
8. Participate and manage hiring process as per business requirements
9. Lead specialized assignments and projects requiring high level of proficiency and judgment
10. Prepare project, work and response strategy
11. Consistently share expertise with others, teaching skills and explaining technical concepts
12. Effectively help junior engineers to constructively use feedback received from work partners, supervisor, and clients
13. Perform patent search, analytics, licensing support work such as knock out search, patentability search, invalidity search, freedom to operate search, landscape search, infringement search, HML ranking, patent categorization, evidence of use preparation etc. independently and guide the team as assigned mentor
14. Provide recommendations on problems that are identified to team members to enhance performance and improve productivity
15. Perform as per organizational objectives, complying with project and team's administrative requirements.
16. Enjoy working in a fast paces environment within tight time constraints
- Preferred Ph. D. /M. Tech Degree in Engineering, Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Materials Science from reputed university.
- Degree/certification in patent law/paralegal domain is an advantage
- 6-12 years of Patent Search & Analytics functions experience in High tech electronics area, electrical, communications, semiconductors, microprocessors and computer software related inventions
- Manager or Team Lead in a IP service firm or of a large in-house patent department of a technology company in India.
- Should have previously handled multiple client relationship.
1. Strong leadership, communication, influencing skills
2. Build relationships and foster a collaborative approach
3. Offers constructive feedback
4. Identify talent
5. Should be able to work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
6. Strong presentation skills-written and oral presentations
7. Good listening skills
8. Organization skills and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
9. Ability to learn, understand, and use processes and templates
10. Client relationship focused
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.