Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:190 Applications:25 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Partner/Director - Direct Tax & Regulatory Services - Audit Firm - CA (15-20 yrs)
Partner/Director - Direct Tax & Regulatory Services - Reputed Audit Firm
Job Description :
Roles and Responsibilities :
- The role of the Tax Partner / Director in Pune would be to help in building the Direct Tax practice of the firm in that region. He would be expected to bring about further synergy in the tax practice and to help take the entire Tax practice to the next level of growth and align with other Tax partners.
- The candidate will also be required to, provide leadership to the Professional Service practices in Pune including providing, guidance and being a mentor to the local team.
Key Tasks / Professional requirements for the Candidate :
- Shall hold the technical delivery of tax compliance, advisory, litigation and tax consulting practices
- Shall manage a team of direct and indirect reports of about 30-50 people
- The candidate shall handle the firms clients and shall also be responsible for generating new business mainly in the Pune region.
- Should gain access to the target organisations (mostly blue chip MNCs) and engage them to create a strong voice for the group in the Tax area; thereby building an enduring Brand Equity for the firm. This will obviously enable the creation of Business opportunities for the Tax Group in the short, medium and long term. Relationship management with key accounts will be integral to the role.
- Engage the Client as a Thought Leader in the Tax arena, which will consequently highlight the Services provided by the group and how they provide value to their Customers.
- Identifying and communicating to the Client how the vast depth of Accounting and Taxation knowledge coupled with tailor-made products and services that can be leveraged to build appropriate solutions for the Customers.
- Network with external Organisations and build strategic alliances to build the brand value of the group.
- Should have experience of leveraging technology and bring about associated benefits.
- Support product development initiatives, as required.
- Conduct periodic research and report market intelligence on competitive activity.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to internal units to improve/structure service offerings.
- The goal of the above is to enable and leverage the revenue growth opportunities for the Group as a whole and the Tax areas in particular. The candidate should have the ability to do cross selling of other services of the firm.
- Should be a good people manager / leader; driving retention and growth of people.
Desired Candidate Profile :
The following attributes are desired in Candidates applying for this Position :
- The ideal Person would be a Chartered Accountant with an age Profile between 35-50 years.
- The Candidate could come from mid-sized to large Professional Services Firm including Big 4s.
- The preferred Candidate would have strong Coaching and Mentoring Skills who can provide Inspirational Leadership.
- An outgoing personality, articulate in speech and a confident personality is an important requirement for this position.
- A quiet business aggression coupled with a strong sense of Values and Business Ethics is a must.
- An international outlook and cross-cultural comfort levels should be an important ingredient of his / her personality.
- Should be comfortable being the Voice of the Group at various forums with a genuine desire to network and to be a Thought Leader at Professional Seminars and Conferences both in India and abroad.
Following are key attributes of someone in this role:
- Strong technical capabilities in corporate tax area including international tax, tax planning for HNIs and Private clients etc
- Must have led client engagements for multinationals especially on providing solutions on structures, complex tax litigation, etc.
- Must be comfortable in engaging with global law firms and clients.
- Very good communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work together in cross functional teams as a team member is a must.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Proven track record of leadership.
- Willing to coach and mentor
- Good listener - being in a leadership and management position.
- Willingness and openness for new ideas from internal and external customers.
- Comfortable with Technology
- The firm is looking for people who see this as a long term opportunity as continuity of Leadership is important especially when the Group is on the growth path.
- Candidates from Pune preferred.