Partner - Direct Tax - CA Firm (20-25 yrs)
PARTNER-DIRECT TAX - WITH GLOBAL CA FIRM
Job role :
- Senior leadership role in Direct Tax Advisory practice covering Direct Taxation, Corporate tax, Transfer pricing and International tax for clients serviced by Mumbai Office.
- The incumbent will handle tribunal representation, international tax planning and transaction structuring projects, corporate tax, foreign investment consulting, Company law, Exchange control and Employee taxation matters.
- Hire, nurture & build talent of high caliber and the right technical competencies in the team.
- Network with peers in the Firm and leverage organization-wide synergies to enhance its- image and grow the business through integrated delivery, professional excellence, sustained client trust and consistent client satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities :
- Lead multiple projects through team to deliver within tight timeframe and deadline
- Advising clients on complex tax matters and international tax issues relating to cross border transactions, Indian corporate tax issues and foreign exchange issues relating to import/ exports of goods, cross - border payments, cross - border settlements, etc.
- Lead tax engagements. Effectively manage team on submissions, assessment and appeal hearings before the CIT(A) and Tribunals.
- Build & nurture an effective working relationship with Tax authorities, business & functional heads and ensure close involvement of the local & international tax teams and external service providers.
- Lead fee negotiations and discussions on scope for business across clientele
- Steer Tax risk management and assurance processes and ensure strict adherence to SOPs
- Perform the required Business Intelligence and ensure being abreast on Industry Best Practices in Direct Tax, technical transfer pricing solutions and policies.
- Proactively advising clients on strategic issues and providing them with a perspective on global trends and emerging practices significant to their business operations
- Identifying business opportunities and with new/ existing clients and build key account relationships
- Build the firm's market visibility and client experience by creating & maintaining strong independent relationships with clients.
- Train the immediate line of managers in propagating a culture of Identifying business potential, cross - selling other products of the firm besides Direct Tax, though strong internal and external networking.
- Act as a custodian of Quality and Delivery and as a Team mentor, ensure compliance of all aspects of direct taxation
Key Skills and Competencies :
- Expertise in Direct taxation, industry best practices and Indian & International Tax laws. Should have basic knowledge of allied laws such as Companies Act, FEMA, etc.
- Strong financial or statistical analytical abilities
- Strong industry network and business acquisition skills
- Excellent Mentoring, leadership, decision-making & inter-personal skills
- Effective communication and ability to articulate and cascade the vision and values
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills
- Team Management
- Able to maintain a multi-task focus
- Highly principled with strong ethics
- Attention to detail, practical approach to problems, client focused and commercial awareness.
1. Qualified CA with Experience of min 20 years
2. Domestic tax experience of assessment, litigation and representation
3. Experience of Representation before CIT (A), ITAT, AAR, Settlement Commission
4. Black Money Act case and Search & Seizure case representation experience
5. Advisory services for succession, family settlements, real estate transactions
6. Expertise in case laws and tax statute
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.