OYO Rooms - Data Analyst - Pricing Team (1-2 yrs)
Data Analyst - Pricing
OYO is the world's fastest-growing hotel chain and pioneered the first full-stack technology-led hospitality model. With more than $1.8 Billion in funding from Softbank and Sequoia Capital, OYO now operates 10,000 hotels in 20 countries.
In this role, you will become an integral part of the international pricing team. In this highly analytical and critical role, you will work with large and complex datasets to help our international revenue team determine and set competitive prices that will help steer exponential revenue growth. By combining structured as well as unstructured data from multiple sources, you will develop complex pricing models to reflect the market dynamics and provide the best prices to our customers. You will get an opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally across the business and deliver measurable impact.
You will develop analytical prototypes and scalable analytical - solutions- to provide a competitive advantage to OYO. You will be a part of a dynamic and growing team and bring a broad knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and existing data mining algorithms. You will bring creativity to invent and customize when necessary and learn and deploy leading technologies in the analytics space specific to the business needs in order to get results and find opportunities.
You'll drive business impact by solving unusual problems through keen and creative mathematical analysis, continuous improvement methodologies and change management in a cross-functional organization. You will also partner with assigned value chain, marketing, sales and technology core team leaders to define the business opportunity, define the data analytics requirements, develop analytical models, share insights and influence decision-making.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Understanding business opportunities to enable profitable growth
- Triangulating data from a variety of sources to derive actionable insights into pricing strategies and market trends
- Developing analytical solutions and models to address business opportunities to achieve impact
- Preparing reports to inform senior leaders and show the potential impact of various pricing strategies
- Being a change agent - continuing to be on the leading edge of the analytical capabilities outside of OYO, building capability within the organization
- Providing thought leadership by researching standard methodologies and collaborating with external organizations and partners
- Identifying new opportunities for analysis and investigation
- Optimizations in pricing algorithms with the objective of maximizing revenue for different countries
- 1~2 years of relevant experience in related industries; OTA industry would be a plus
- Bachelor's degree from Tier-1 institutes like IITs/NITs in a related analytical discipline preferred
- Strong proven understanding applied statistical packages and data mining tools (Must have: R, SQL; Good to have: Python, Tableau/Rshiny)
- Demonstrated familiarity with large datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows
- Strong business insight to understand functional domains and how decisions impact the different parts of our commercial organization.
- Prior experience in one or more of relevant commercial areas (market research, pricing, contracting, market mix, commercial effectiveness)
- Strong communication and influence skills to effectively translate complex analytical models into clear, succinct recommendations to partners
- Understanding of foundational software engineering principles
- Experience with data analysis, visualization and workflow software